Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok heres the deal, for about two months i've been wanting to sale my bike or trade it in. Im in in love with the 636 the way it rides and the way it looks (specially how the butt sticks up) well last night i had a dream that i owned one, i was the happiest M**** f*** until i woke up. shit i even dream of owning an R6 [V] dont ask me why but i did. Ok heres the deal what we be better to sell my bike or trading it in, i have an 02 with cut off fenders aftermaket slip on brand new metzler custom front signal and 6000 miles. all i want from it is to gain atleast 1000 dollars from it. do you guys think that asking for 6800 is to much for this bike? i want you guys opinions.. help me please :D all i think about is that beautiful green 636 [:M22]

·
Registered
47 Posts
Well, you probably won't find a green 636 here in the states. Only the 599cc 'RR' comes in green.

I know you won't get $6800 on a trade in. Definitely have to sell it yourself and find a sucker. You gotta think, for another grand, someone can easily have a new one.

Good luck... the 03s are great.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i know 6800 is to much but i atleast want something around the 6000 to 5800 dollars, i owe 5200 on the bike, i know if i dont get the 636 or the RR i' will be a very unhappy:( I've seen the RR on ebay for 6798 up in utah

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
You can still buy a new '02 ZX-6R around here for about $6,800 Trade in on a '02 is about $4,375. You might be able to break even selling it out right but you ought to hurry before summer is gone.

·
Registered
572 Posts
I say save your money unless your racing or have the extra cash. The 636 is great but the old schools are great too. Unless you a very well seasoned rider your probably not using all the capabilities of your current bike. One thing you can't account for adn I have to agree is the freakin look of the 636. Good luck and be safe. Definitley sell outright, you'll get slamed trading it in.

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
zx6rballa, If I was you, I wouldn't bank on making that much even if you sell it out right. There are a lot of good deals around here in Houston, and a lot of bikes too! If they get a personal loan, the interest rate will be higher than what Kawi is offering for a new one. One positive is that the turn-over rate looks pretty good so you might get lucky like RJINFL mentioned. On the down side, the dealers might start marking down the 03's they have in stock to make room for the 04's. When I was looking last year, the 02 was a little more that $1000 off reg. price around the end of Sept. So you might be able to take less, and get an 03 for less at the same time!!! Look in the Chronicle and see what they are going for...

Good luck!

·
Registered
471 Posts
I'd think you could get $5800 for it.
I mean its only a year old. The '03s will probally be selling for $7200 in you area. Worst case sell it for $5500 & put it back to stock. I looked at trading in an '02 RC51 for the 636 & they only offered me $7500, on a bike I had just paid 10k for 3 months prior! You will get raped with no lube on a trade.

·
Registered
778 Posts
ZX6R's are great bikes we all know this but they blow when it comes to resale. Your 2002 ZX6R is worth what someone will pay for it and this time of year you're not likely to get what you want.

I look at the for sale section of the board from time to time and the only bikes that I see that go quick are the great deals (or at least seem to be) the guys/gals that want what KBB (kelley blue book) has listed as market value never get sold or take a really long time and this is after they drop it a few hundred/thousand - who knows what the final deal was.

Personally I would rather buy a new ZX6R for $7100-7400 (otd) over a used $6000-6800 ZX6R that I still have to pay taxes and fees on. Or worse a $6000-7000 2000-2003 ZX6R because it has aftermarket parts. Stock bikes sell quicker too.

My friend bought a BRAND NEW 2002 Yamaha Vstar 650 (crusier) he put 500 miles and decided he doesnt like motorcycles. He's been trying to sell it for a year. Right now its in his garage with a dead battery loosing value and hasn't been turned on in a year. Instead of selling it for a few GRAND ($3500) he's looking to make all his money back ($5000)

I think these prices are reasonable for zx6r, if you want it to sell!

2000 $4000 (good condition no scratches 13K miles)
2001 $4700 (good condition no scratches 11K miles)
2002 $5700 (good condition no scratches 8K miles)
2003 $6200 (good condition no scratches Under 5K miles)

Good Luck.. My opinion is to keep your 2002 for a few years. You're urge for the new style will die with each passing day.

Dave

·
Registered
471 Posts
You could just wait another year for the '05. I'm sure it will have some minor updates. The '04 636s wont sell for shit because everyone knows the '05 will be a tad better. We are men & always want the latest gadgets & features....we cant help ourselves, its in our DNA coding.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Originally posted by devulge

You could just wait another year for the '05. I'm sure it will have some minor updates. The '04 636s wont sell for shit because everyone knows the '05 will be a tad better. We are men & always want the latest gadgets & features....we cant help ourselves, its in our DNA coding.
i get what youre saying bro, if i cant get 6000 for it i wont sell it. but like you said we all want the latest shit i guess ill just wait for the 05 and get another one which i think my shit will be paid off by then. Im a balla after all i can do this things :D
or buy me a 2000 gs 300 next year. i guess time will tell.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.