Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Problem Starts form 0.50 sec

Im thinking about buying used throttle body if TB sync wont help but no idea what else could be responsible for doing that i think it may be sensor fail but which one, manual says removing any of 3 sensors from Tb may cause damage to them, can this be fixed without plugin OBD?

·
Registered
23 Posts

Problem Starts form 0.50 sec

Im thinking about buying used throttle body if TB sync wont help but no idea what else could be responsible for doing that i think it may be sensor fail but which one, manual says removing any of 3 sensors from Tb may cause damage to them, can this be fixed without plugin OBD?
I own a 2010 ER6N when I cold start her on cold days not this summer though. But in the winter or after a hard rain I get the surge up for a few minutes then she settles down thats when I ride her. You might be experiencing the same problem does it eventually settle down cause this process takes minutes for me.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi thanks for reply, it Goes back to normal as you can see at the end of the video, its really loud 4k should be 2k and few months ago event 6k rpm!!! I dont want to mess up the engine

·
Registered
2011 Kawasaki ER-6F
293 Posts
Hi thanks for reply, it Goes back to normal as you can see at the end of the video, its really loud 4k should be 2k and few months ago event 6k rpm!!! I dont want to mess up the engine
Fairly normal mine does that too, it's the bike's way of warming itself in cold weather, usually if you give it a rev if it goes too loud it'll drop back to normal idle.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

After riding half day, 30 min cooldown, 27 C outdoor, this not good for the engine... Winter time bigger problem i hope to deal with it

·
Registered
2011 Kawasaki ER-6F
293 Posts

After riding half day, 30 min cooldown, 27 C outdoor, this not good for the engine... Winter time bigger problem i hope to deal with it
Hmm tis indeed bad, I'd check your injectors, might be stuck or something, this doesn't seem like an electronic or idle issue. Probably the injectors struggling until fuel gets flowing.

·
Registered
2011 Kawasaki ER-6F
293 Posts
Wow, that's a proper weird one, but at least you know where to look now., don't forget whilst the throttle valves are cable actuated, there is an servo motor on the other side of the throttle bodies for the secondary throttle plates too. which may be hanging open, and the vacuum in the system may be moving the primary throttle plates (as they are spring loaded) I'd check that too.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts