Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a warning to those out there who may buy the ebay "knockoff" levers, or any aftermarket levers. PLEASE check the clearances on the master cyclinder plunger.

We recently added some levers to the wifes Kawi and when I put them on I noticed it was a little tighter fit on the plunger. It was not "tight" but just a little more than the stock lever. Not dragging the caliper or anything like that. Apparently there was just a small amount of pressure on the master that didn't allow the return line to vent all of the presurized fluid back into the resevoir. This compounded everytime she pressed in the brake creating too much pressure in the system resulting in the caliper seizing onto the front rotor.

Now this could have been catastrophic if she were cornering or at high speed. Lucky she was going realtively slow when she noticed it dragging right before it siezed completely and only slid the front tire about 20 feet.
We couldn't move it at all (in the middle of the road) so I quickly grabbed my tool kit and let the pressure out of the brake line and shot fluid about 3 feet. This released the brake so I could ride it home (using just the rear).

Once I got it home I saw the problem and ground down lever to the stock clearance (slight movement of the pin when released all the way so that it could vent back up) and now it works fine. I just want everyone to be aware as I searched and saw many people had this issue with ebay levers and even the name brand ones.

I won't be living that one down for a while, Stay safe.

·
Premium Member
1,664 Posts
Yikes! Now I feel a bit better for having paid for Pazzos even though I see all those Chinese sellers selling Pazzo knockoffs for half the price...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.