Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So yesterday I took the long route home from work, hit some high speeds, and at some point in time the zipper on my backpack separated (it did NOT unzip) and I lost my PDA :(

So new lesson learned: EVEN IF YOU SECURE THE ZIPPERS FROM UNZIPPING THE BAG, IT CAN STILL OPEN IF THE ZIPPER SEPARATES!

·
Registered
563 Posts
I didn't know pink scooters could go fast enough to break a zipper. That sucks.

Side note. I have a backpack designed for motorcycle riding. The zippers are much stronger than the one's on your bag appear to be. If you don't like the idea of a tankbag, look into a backpack to suit your needs. Mine was $35, so I don't think its a big expense, especially compared to losing the PDA and the data in it.

·
Registered
3,112 Posts
My leathers do that on the waist zippper///starts to separate even though the insert is in...then the seperation "spreads" all the way around eventually. When I lose a few lbs it happens less.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Originally posted by Bhavesh
So yesterday I took the long route home from work, hit some high speeds, and at some point in time the zipper on my backpack separated (it did NOT unzip) and I lost my PDA :(

So new lesson learned: EVEN IF YOU SECURE THE ZIPPERS FROM UNZIPPING THE BAG, IT CAN STILL OPEN IF THE ZIPPER SEPARATES!
you can probably order this one in the US of A too ;)

http://www.kawasaki.nl/productCGA.asp?Id=34001662773&PId=FEBEDC884

·
Sportbike Scum; Ex-Mod.
4,215 Posts
I gave up on backpacks a long time ago - a tank bag is SO much better - I don't have to struggle to get it over my jacket (the straps always get caught on the armor in the elbows); and my GC is not raised that much. Additionally, the tankbag is behind the windscreen, so it's out of the wind, and so the zippers aren't stressed at all. You can easily access a tank bag while stopped at a light, too.

Only downside to a tank bag is that you have to remove it to fuel. Not a big deal though.

·
Registered
197 Posts
yeah that happened to me and my wallet stayed but everything in the wallet flew out how fucked up is that it left me with a empty wallet

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Originally posted by jaybyrd
yeah that happened to me and my wallet stayed but everything in the wallet flew out how fucked up is that it left me with a empty wallet
LMFAO! THAT suxxors. heh. Wait til you have a family. An empty wallet will become commonplace.:D

I still use a backpack and have no problems. North Face equipment tends to stay together, especially considering it is made for the harshest enviornments on earth.

·
Premium Member
2,387 Posts
Originally posted by Whlyphobia
My leathers do that on the waist zippper///starts to separate even though the insert is in...then the seperation "spreads" all the way around eventually. When I lose a few lbs it happens less.
That's not good at all. What type of leathers do you have? That SHOULD NOT be happening. You need to get someone to upgrade that zipper for you ASAP.

·
Sportbike Scum; Ex-Mod.
4,215 Posts
Originally posted by jaybyrd
You actually HAD something in your wallet??? Dude; you ain't buying enough shit for your bike...lol.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.