Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just noticed today that when i squeeze my front brake i feel a vibration and when i let go it stops. Im thinking its a warped rotor, but could it be something else? Its weird that my rotors would be warped i dont do any hard braking, i havne't hit anything. Does this usually happen over time?

·
Registered
359 Posts
It could be a warped disc but if your not a hard on the brakes I'd try cleaning the discs with a fine Scotbrite pad and some acetone.Spend a good bit time on them and really work the pad.I've had similar in the past and its worked for me.

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
I am going to say the rotor is warped as well. My 2003 636 warped in about 5000 miles in teh first 6 months. i measured it with a dial gauge and it was something like .007 warped. Took it to the dealer and got the run around from them and kawasaki cause the tire had been changed. Kawsaki said you ahve to take the rotors off when changing tires and they felt it was done by the tire changer. Plus they said that until it is .010 out of spec they dont mess with them.

At a 120mph and pull the front brakes the front end vibrated so bad it was not even funny.

I have a set of 03/04 rotors at the house. One is good one is warped. $50 plus shipping and they are yours.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.