Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After completing the mod my bike will idle fine at 1K. When i gave it gas it spits and spuders at 2-3K rage like is wants to coke out. After it gets past the 3K is jumps right up to 7K in no time flat. After the 4 time i gave it gas it coked out at 3K and will not run. Now when i start it up and give it full gas it will not go past 1K or idle. I haven't rode the bike yet. I add 2 washers because of the two brother exhaust. The only mod is the exhaust and 2 washers, the rest of the bike is stock. the year of the bike is 2008. I'm think theres to much fuel but i don't know. Do i need to prime the biek after the tank has been taken off? Thanks again.
-Nathan

·
Premium Member
41,542 Posts
Try to go back down to 1 washer and see what happens.

If it's still too rich, you may be lucky enough that the bike was jetted well enough from the factory.

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
there are so many variables with the washer trick, it is hard to give a solid, one solution, fits all bikes type of advice. I agree with Kurosaki, take one washer out of each needle and see if it improves. also, that will make sure the bike was put back together correctly.

are you sure you put the correct needle back in the correct carburetor? the left and right needles are different.

try it and let us know how it runs.

·
Registered
692 Posts
Reactions: tattooed 250

·
Premium Member
22,797 Posts
Another question would be how BIG the washers are? Yes it'll run crappy if you have too many washers, but if they're too large a diameter they could be sticking and not allowing the needles to fall. The results sound too hectic to be traceable to the thickness of the washers being too thick.

That and are you sure you got everything together right? The cable that attaches to the left (if looking at it from behind the carburetors) is the choke cable. Perhaps that got pulled and the bike is being choked? Usually if you're running into such probs you need to reassess everything. Then magically everything will run well and you'll have no idea why :p

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
heres the update-
I when back to one washer each. It runs now and idles at 1k fine. When i give it gas it will not rev past 2K. When i let it idle with full coke it gos 4K and holds. The washer is 1/8" like the post said to use. I really dont want to remove the snorkel in fear of water getting in too the air box. I want to do this mod because i could feel "dull spots" when i was rinding though the RPMS. Before all this i would feel the bike had a lost of power some times when i was around 5 and 6K.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
That and are you sure you got everything together right? The cable that attaches to the left (if looking at it from behind the carburetors) is the choke cable. Perhaps that got pulled and the bike is being choked?[/quote]

how can you tell if the coke cable is stuck? I don't think is, the leaver in the handle bars feels the same.

·
Premium Member
22,797 Posts
well if you were able to use the choke then you got it in right LOL . When you pulled the needles originally you didn't pull the whole slides out did you? (The rubber diaphram part)? It is possible that a diaphram tore. I like to think simple and work out from there. That's why I'd question the reassembly to make sure everything went back together right. Try starting over again (take out all the washers and see how it runs)

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
well if you were able to use the choke then you got it in right LOL . When you pulled the needles originally you didn't pull the whole slides out did you? (The rubber diaphram part)? It is possible that a diaphram tore. I like to think simple and work out from there. That's why I'd question the reassembly to make sure everything went back together right. Try starting over again (take out all the washers and see how it runs)
no I didn't take it out, Maybe it got pinch some how. The second time around i didn't see any makes on the diapram. I will redo it tomorrow than. Thanks for the help Vex.

·
Premium Member
22,797 Posts
So you first shimmed the needle .250, and now your at .125 ? Dam, I thought .060 was a ton.
:Laughing rolling: He was talking about the diameter of the washers, not their height. Yeah .250" would be crazygonuts.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
-update-

Today i took all the washers out and the bike runs like it did before. The washers where 1/8" diameter and .40 thick. Not sure what all this means. I guess the bike was tuned well form the get go. I still fell the "dull spots". maybe thats how the 250 runs. I think i now know the bike is not to lean with the new slip-on. Oh well it running now and thanks for all the info everyone.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts