Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry to hear it but glad you weren't hurt :) If you need plastics or parts at a decent price, check out Ron Ayers or Ebay.

-2000 ZX-6R.....

·
Registered
59 Posts
For the first timers on bikes. I had a 25mph spill on my bike this weekend because I looked down at my tach for a second and saw the bike in front of my had practically stopped. I grab the front brake, not even that hard, and next thing I know, the bars go full lock left and the bike goes out from under me.

Right side plastics scratched up and some other minor stuff, bike started up fine. After checking it, still put another 200miles on it that day =) I was in gear and got away with a little road rash on my leg.

Point is, this could've been a Ninja250 or a ZX12R. The mistake I made was chalked up to rider inexperience, specifically mine. All the parking lot runs I did practicing braking amounted to little when it came down to emergency braking, including the MSF class.

Sort of demoralizing, but hey, its a lesson learnt and thankfully I walked (well rode) away from it. Glad I had some buddies with me to pick the bike up :)

Anyways, practice some more on that front brake guys!

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
well the brakes on the zx-6r are pretty potent, this might have not happened on a less advanced bike becasue the brakes aren't a touchy....

heck if you want to stop in a hurry on the ninja 250, you have to grab a handful of brakes, if i want to stop on my zx-6r, 2 fingers do nicely ;)

My Drinking Team Has a Racing Problem!

·
Registered
18 Posts
well, at least you didn't get hurt. That Front break is hell, I had a friend tell me to remember squeezing an orange when breaking. You don't want the juice to squirt you in the face so don't squeeze that hard. on the otherhand, these breaks are perfect for stoppies [}:)] unless you get carried away. oh and i invested in some Vortex Framesliders. only like 13 bucks to replace the end of em if u ever go down.

·
Registered
59 Posts
zemenar, i have a 2002, do those frame sliders work for that year? if so, where could i buy a pair? ive been looking to get a set

·
Registered
18 Posts
they have them for the 02's. I found them at Kneedraggers.com but actually ordered them at www.vortexracing.com i had to call to see if they had them in for the 03's since some people wanna be slow in updating there website.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sorry to dash your hopes but those "frame sliders" that attach to the fairing are junk on the 00-02s. They will NOT protect your fairings in a fall and they WILL bend or snap and cause further damage either to the frame or the side fairings. Don't waste your money on these dress up items. The only frame sliders that provide any real protection are the one from Rhencullen and RG Racing.

-2000 ZX-6R.....

·
Registered
2 Posts
Any word on the frame and swingarm sliders manufactured by Intuitive? My buddy has a set for his GSX-R750 and they performed great when he low sided it. However, I have to admit that my frame sliders look kinda puny compared to his, nor as sturdy. I was wondering if maybe I should purchase another, better, set.

Spinnin' ain't winnin'

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
i have the frame sliders that bolt into your fairing, and they will only protect your bike if you drop it in if you have a low speed lowside.

i know I testing them.....

but if it's a major crash they will break off in your frame which sucks...

i would like to get the better frame sliders but I do not want to cut my fairings yet.

My Drinking Team Has a Racing Problem!

·
Registered
35 Posts
That sucks! I was backing my bike into a parking spot and just tip-toeing it in, when I grabbed the front brake and wasn't in a straight up position. If it wasn't for the bike being so light, it would have gone down. Goes to show you always have to be thinking about what your doing.

Good Luck!

My other ride is a yellow '02 ZX6R

·
Registered
700 Posts
TOASTER, Do they only sell those frame sliders in the U.K. or is there a U.S. dealer that I can get them from?

-Thanks

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.