Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last night I met up with a big group of bikes on the Vegas strip about 10. No one wanted to go riding, but me and two of my riding buddies, so we left to go practice wheelies and crap at our usual spot. Soon afterwards Zack’s girl had to leave so he took her home, and Vincent left too, but I stayed to watch 3 other bike guys doing insane stunts. Pretty soon there were dozens of rice burners and cars lined up both sides of the street with races going on in the right lanes. Me and the other 3 bike guys were doing wheelies and stoppies past the groups of people cuz it was pointless to race cars on bikes. This was the longest the races had ever lasted w/o getting broken up. We had been there for almost 2 hours. To sum it up-Carlos and I were riding back to the starting point after racing each other. He did a stand up wheelie and rode it out and came down fine. Then he sped up and started to do a badass stoppie (back wheel off the ground almost straight up). I was about 15 feet behind him when a silver cavalier pulled out from the right shoulder directly in front of Carlos on one wheel. He hit going about 30-35mph. Both him and his bike were flipped over the hood, and I immediately swerved around the car and parked my bike. I told him to lay there and not move. I made sure he was okay, and went and told the car driver to pull to the side. Carlos’ Honda 929rr was demolished waaaay beyond repair. I spoke to him, and his foot/ankle was broken and he had pain in his chest and head. I went to get the cavalier driver’s insurance, he said he didn’t have any. I grabbed him by his shirt and cussed at him if he took off, we would find him and beat his ass. I went to the back of his car and remembered his license plate # just in case he bailed. As soon as the first sirens came down the street, all the cars bolted like cockroaches including the cavalier driver. Asshole. All the bike guys stayed with Carlos. When we lifted his bike to pull it out of the street, all his engine oil leaked out – the engine block was cracked. He was off to the side, and his foot had swollen up pretty bad. He was taken to UMC. This all happened at about midnight. After all the cops had investigated me and the other bikers, and took witness statements, we were free to go. But it took FOUR HOURS for that to happen. The cops were looking over everyone’s bikes bragging about how many tickets they could give us and shit. The cops towed what was left of the bike as evidence. Carlos will be fine, but hurting for a while. The End

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
Dude that guy is going to be behind bars for quite a while after leaving the scene of an accident with person injury involved, along with no insurance. I'm not sure about NV, but here in NY it's a felony. Good to hear your friend has no permanent injuries though.

·
Registered
934 Posts
A ticket for failure to stop? You GOTTA be kidding right... ;)

Glad to hear that your buddy Carlos wasn't more seriously injured. Hope they've already locked up that Cavalier driver...

·
Registered
3,119 Posts
Wow, that sucks. Sorry I couldn't make it there last night, I didn't get your email 'til today. I would have chased that guy down and beat him to death. That sucks so much. Just glad to hear he isn't more seriously injured. By the way, the cops have the License number right?

Let me know when you wanna do another ride man.

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
damn that really suck, hope they find the guy in the cavalier. also glad to hear your friend is ok. hey i know he's upset about his bike and all but it can be replaced, his life can't.

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
UPDATE :
I have been able to find out what group of cars the cavalier driver hangs out with. As soon as I can find one of those, I should be able to get the cavalier driver's name. I was told they are ALWAYS at the races on the weekends. That's when I will give a call to all the bike guys I was with that night. I got only the last 4 numbers of the guy's plate. I didn't get the first 1-2. It was a Wyoming plate, so tehre was either a one or two number prefix before teh 4 numbers I wrote down. The rider of the 929rr broke ALL of his toes on his one foot, and the big toe on the other. Also, without giving details, imagine what happened to the part of his body that sits right behind the gas tank when he slammed into the car...The rider didn't get a ticket for failure to stop or anything, but he did get a BS ticket. You should have came Ken, it was a damn fun night until the whole crash thing.

·
Registered
3,119 Posts
Originally posted by duh1nonly
UPDATE :
I have been able to find out what group of cars the cavalier driver hangs out with. As soon as I can find one of those, I should be able to get the cavalier driver's name. I was told they are ALWAYS at the races on the weekends. That's when I will give a call to all the bike guys I was with that night. I got only the last 4 numbers of the guy's plate. I didn't get the first 1-2. It was a Wyoming plate, so tehre was either a one or two number prefix before teh 4 numbers I wrote down. The rider of the 929rr broke ALL of his toes on his one foot, and the big toe on the other. Also, without giving details, imagine what happened to the part of his body that sits right behind the gas tank when he slammed into the car...The rider didn't get a ticket for failure to stop or anything, but he did get a BS ticket. You should have came Ken, it was a damn fun night until the whole crash thing.
Still sucks. Sorry again that I couldn't make it. This weather has been gorgeous for riding. I'm off Thurs. and Fri. this week so let me know what's up.

·
Registered
720 Posts
You should drive in your car and observe him wherever he hangs out, learn his route, than get a whole bunch of bikers and jump his ass.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Hope his head is O.K. which is more important than his ankle.
I'm not in favor to violence........

.......BUT YEAH, BEAT THE B-JESUS OUTTA THE CAV. DRIVER WHEN YA FIND HIM.[B)]

·
Registered
68 Posts
Good story, I'd have dragged the Cav driver out of his ride and make him wait with me by my boy though.

I'd like to ride with all you Vegas riders when I get back out there (if that's cool). I'm from Vegas but am stationed in Guam right now and ride the 03 636. I'm looking to go back to LV really soon!

·
Registered
337 Posts
even the big toe huh? hope he will fine and ridin' soon. as for the cavalier driver, remember you are near desert, and it is pretty big. just keep the details to yourself ......j/k its a joke ...

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.