Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I also lowsided my left side a couple years ago, but no problems with water in the lights. You didn't use a high pressure wash, did you?

------

I'm a recovering work-aholic, and I haven't done a damn thing for 6 months.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Maybe try popping out the bulbs and leaving it open for a while. The water vapor should disperse after a while. Good luck!

------

Red
AMA #439394

·
Registered
76 Posts
Man...I got some heavy condensation in my headlights. won't go away either been in there for about 4 days now. anyone else have that problem. solution?
A little history...I lowsided on my bike about 4 weeks ago. I was going about 35-40 mph. No major damage just some scratches on my left fairing. Scratched the generator cover. that's it. I didn't have any other problems though. Then just about 5 days ago I put a good wash and wax on it. Four days later, I got a light fog in my headlight. Now it has just progressed on to a small pond in my head light assembly on both the bright and normal side. This was not the first wash, but it is the first time my headlights have gotten foggy.
Any comments, suggestions, flames,...help[V]

------

Dont quote me boi cause I aint said shit!

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
happens in my Car's headlights, bugs me to death!

btw...100 POSTS HA HAAAA!

------

Yellow/Blk 2001 ZX-6R
Blk/Blk 2003 Acura CL-S 6 Speed

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
You have to immediately top up the coolant level in your headlights before they get damaged ;)

------

7,62mm. One size fits all.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I had the same problem two days afteer I got my bike. It has been two months and I have not had this problem again. Not sure if it happens only when it is cool out or what. I have since washed and waxed my ride a few times and still no problems

·
Registered
15 Posts
Had the same problem, took the nose off to find that the headlight housing had a crack on the top of the unit. It was between the two pins that hold the headlight on. Bottom line, you shouldn't have water in the lights.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Originally posted by ZXScorpion

Had the same problem, took the nose off to find that the headlight housing had a crack on the top of the unit. It was between the two pins that hold the headlight on. Bottom line, you shouldn't have water in the lights.
Do you know how the headlight housing developed a crack? Did you lay it down or did it just happen out of no where?

·
Registered
15 Posts
I didn't lay the bike down, although by doing that it can put stress on the nose fairing due to the turn signal impact. My problem was right out of the box. I noticed the evening that I brought my bike home there was a slight fog on the inside of my headlights, I dismissed it because I thought it was due to being brand new. The first time I washed it with a hose my headlight filled up with water. I brought it back to the dealer and they replaced the headlight.

Its not that hard to remove the nose and check. Remove the two access panels on either side of the handle bars and the bolts on the front of the lower fairings using the allen wrench in the tool kit supplied with the bike. After that there are four 10mm bolts that hold the nose fairing and headlight together, you'll need a ratchet to get them out.

·
Registered
15 Posts
By the way, I took that metal cover off the low beam of my bad headlight and put it on the high beam of my new one. I drive mostly in the city and like the look of both lights on.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Hey I found the problem. One of those 10mm bolts that ZXScorpion mentioned was loose. I tightened it up and no more water!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.