Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought two bottles of this for the bikes..Anyone use it? There are so many different kinds now. Some you use alone, some mixed with water, and some mixed with antifreeze. Water Wetter was the first I heard of, so went with.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Depends.. If you live where i live in San Diego.. Water Wtter is Better. Anitfreeze causes accidents !!!! you can use anitfreeze on the track for a reason !! Water Wetter works fine.. cause if it is that dam cold you are a hard core rider to ride in that cold of weather. :)

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
Works fine bike runs cooler if you live where it freezes overnight you may have problems as water wetter has no antifreeze protection.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
uhh hey buddy, read the bottle you fill the bike with distilled water and use only 3 capfulls or something.

·
Registered
246 Posts
I live in Southern Utah where most of you might think it doesn't get hot, but it does. I use water wetter and water like the bottle says during the summer. Then I have to flush the system when it comes to winter time and mix half water and half antifreeze. With Water Wetter my bike runs at normal temp vs. overheating.
Just my 2c.

N

·
0 Posts
is water wetter ok to use on an all street bike? thought i read somewhere where its only useful for the track.

·
Registered
439 Posts
I always thought water wetter was primarily for track-only use (so that crash cleanup is easy). A big thing about anti-freeze is that the OEM stuff has specs for seal conditioning, bearing lubrication and anti-corrosion properties. I don't know if water wetter meets all the OEM specs for coolant.

Some of the new PROpylene glycol (different from the stock ETHYlene glycol) coolants say they meet all OEM specs. Some racing and track day organizations allow the propylene glycol because it's (supposedly) quite easy to clean up after a crash (unlike the green ethylene glycol). These new coolants would be: Engine Ice or 7th Gear.

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
I use Water Wetter on all my vehicles and love it. I have yet to put it in my bike, but I will once the 4000 check up comes around

·
Registered
634 Posts
I run it and bike runs alot cooler. It gets cold where I live but the bike is in the garage so I hope it doesn't freeze. maybe I'll put some blankets on the bike

·
Registered
891 Posts
Originally posted by dlucky03zx6rr
I live in Southern Utah where most of you might think it doesn't get hot, but it does. I use water wetter and water like the bottle says during the summer. Then I have to flush the system when it comes to winter time and mix half water and half antifreeze. With Water Wetter my bike runs at normal temp vs. overheating.
Just my 2c.
St George is BEAUTIFUL!!!

I spent a lot of time in my teens @ bullfrog and blanding, and over near the butte on Powell.

beautiful area out there and awesome [email protected]%!

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Originally posted by hippo
I always thought water wetter was primarily for track-only use (so that crash cleanup is easy). A big thing about anti-freeze is that the OEM stuff has specs for seal conditioning, bearing lubrication and anti-corrosion properties. I don't know if water wetter meets all the OEM specs for coolant.

Some of the new PROpylene glycol (different from the stock ETHYlene glycol) coolants say they meet all OEM specs. Some racing and track day organizations allow the propylene glycol because it's (supposedly) quite easy to clean up after a crash (unlike the green ethylene glycol). These new coolants would be: Engine Ice or 7th Gear.
Hippo is right... Water Wetter does not have the same lubricating properties as regular Antifreeze. However as he mentioned Engine Ice DOES meet all those specs.

Of course the issue arises of freezing. Personally, on my street bike I run 90% Water Wetter/Water and 10% OEM coolant, that way I retain some of the lubrication properties... No, there was no methodology to come to that conclusion, thats just what i did :D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.