Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Water Wetter??

911 views 14 replies 13 participants last post by  MaDgamEr 
#1 ·
I just bought two bottles of this for the bikes..Anyone use it? There are so many different kinds now. Some you use alone, some mixed with water, and some mixed with antifreeze. Water Wetter was the first I heard of, so went with.

#5 ·
I live in Southern Utah where most of you might think it doesn't get hot, but it does. I use water wetter and water like the bottle says during the summer. Then I have to flush the system when it comes to winter time and mix half water and half antifreeze. With Water Wetter my bike runs at normal temp vs. overheating.
Just my 2c.

#9 ·
I always thought water wetter was primarily for track-only use (so that crash cleanup is easy). A big thing about anti-freeze is that the OEM stuff has specs for seal conditioning, bearing lubrication and anti-corrosion properties. I don't know if water wetter meets all the OEM specs for coolant.

Some of the new PROpylene glycol (different from the stock ETHYlene glycol) coolants say they meet all OEM specs. Some racing and track day organizations allow the propylene glycol because it's (supposedly) quite easy to clean up after a crash (unlike the green ethylene glycol). These new coolants would be: Engine Ice or 7th Gear.

#13 ·
Originally posted by dlucky03zx6rr
I live in Southern Utah where most of you might think it doesn't get hot, but it does. I use water wetter and water like the bottle says during the summer. Then I have to flush the system when it comes to winter time and mix half water and half antifreeze. With Water Wetter my bike runs at normal temp vs. overheating.
Just my 2c.
St George is BEAUTIFUL!!!

I spent a lot of time in my teens @ bullfrog and blanding, and over near the butte on Powell.

beautiful area out there and awesome roads!@%!

#14 ·
Originally posted by hippo
I always thought water wetter was primarily for track-only use (so that crash cleanup is easy). A big thing about anti-freeze is that the OEM stuff has specs for seal conditioning, bearing lubrication and anti-corrosion properties. I don't know if water wetter meets all the OEM specs for coolant.

Some of the new PROpylene glycol (different from the stock ETHYlene glycol) coolants say they meet all OEM specs. Some racing and track day organizations allow the propylene glycol because it's (supposedly) quite easy to clean up after a crash (unlike the green ethylene glycol). These new coolants would be: Engine Ice or 7th Gear.
Hippo is right... Water Wetter does not have the same lubricating properties as regular Antifreeze. However as he mentioned Engine Ice DOES meet all those specs.

Of course the issue arises of freezing. Personally, on my street bike I run 90% Water Wetter/Water and 10% OEM coolant, that way I retain some of the lubrication properties... No, there was no methodology to come to that conclusion, thats just what i did :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.