Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, I know im a total noob but what is the wave that all motorcyclists do towards one another. Ive had a few bikes come at me in the other direction and they all nod and put their left arm out at an angle downwards and I just assumed that was a wave :). I did my best to do it back without dying, but then immediately afterwards felt like an idiot wondering if they were waving or just signalling for a lane change or something like that heh. So, how do you guys wave?

·
Registered
13 Posts
im a noob also who wondered the same thing,well for a day anyhow.
in ohio id say 80% of passing riders wave where im at.
harley riders rarely wave at people on sportbikes tho.

ive found not waving wave while needing to shift or cornering is a good idea.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Yeah, most harley riders are kind of anal about waving to sportbike riders. You gotta understand, they're on a whole other level than us because they ride REAL bikes.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yeah, here in oklahoma ive been having cruisers and sportbikes waving all day. It seems like the younger guys on sportbikes dont like to wave, and I did notice harley riders not waving as much. Oh well, I will just be a dork and wave at everyone :).

G

·
bikers wave to each other to be friendly and b/c we're the "minority" on the road. if u drove a rare car, u'd probably wave or stare or give thumbs up if u saw someone driving the same thing. :)

·
yut uuuuugh!
5,344 Posts
+1, and if you can't wave (because you're shifting or cornering, etc.) a simple big nod is just as good. It's kinda the same thing as school bus drivers, and people who drive rare, or semi-rare, cars. Good luck, and have fun riding!

·
Registered
306 Posts
ight if a rider waves at u then wave back its just somethin we do to show i guess a form of respect. i myself wait for the "hog" riders to wave first cause usually they dont and u do, so u feel like an ass or in my case get pissed cause they think there to good when usually most are too damn fat to fit on a rocket.but anyways u see another sport bike then give a wave or if turnin or somethin a noticable nod just the right thing to do.

·
Registered
463 Posts
In the MSF class they will tell you to PWB - Please Wave Back. It's a tradition that has started to fall by the wayside! So without killing yourself, do it. Plus it gives you 'cool points'. Just kidding about the cool points part, but shows a bit of 'respect' for your fellow riders (like satan just said). Regardless though of whether they are on 'hogs', it shows that you as a street bike rider actually has a little more respect than the 'respectable' harley!

·
Sportbike Scum; Ex-Mod.
4,215 Posts
Common courtesy to wave at other riders... A nod will suffice if your left hand is busy. If they don't wave back that's their hangup.

·
Registered
96 Posts
if i cant wave i usually hit the horn .although 2 days ago i got a wave from a cop on his bike.the only guy on a harley that ever waved to me. and oh as for those harley guys. there just mad because our bikes are better faster and the girl we have behind us doesnt have sagging tits ...

·
Registered
96 Posts
lol the way they sit with there legs spread like that. it looks like they are about to take it in the rear end. but the best has to be the split in the beared when there going down the highway.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I recently got back into riding, and I remember back in the day people used to wave all the time... I have only seen one guy wave to me this week. The rest are too busy avoiding the southern california traffic to bother I guess...

and about those harleys, what is up with all these ape hangers lately? Like every cruiser I see has them now

·
Registered
536 Posts
I think you guys are full of shit. Everywhere i go 95% of the bikers wave...on Harleys, sportbikes, scooters etc. Ones that rarely wave have been the scooters. I wish some of you guys would grow the fuck up and realize were all fellow riders and show some respect for each other and quit having a a$$hole perspective about brand or type of bike you ride. I've met some really nice peopel who ride harleys and if you were not so closed minded to actually get to know some of them...you would realize they are just like you. Hell some of them even have a sportbike also. You guys with your negative remarks jsut shows these new guys bad examples. I encourage you to wave at all riders and if they don't wave back, keep a positive attitude and keep waving at them.

1 - 20 of 79 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.