Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, I'm going to wash & wax my bike for the first time today. Should I wax the painted rims too. I'm using Mother's carnauba cleaner wax. Will the wax "build up" around the graphics? If it does how do I get it off? I did a search on the wheel question with no results. Thanks.

·
Registered
376 Posts
I use Plexus on mine wheels and body. I don't know about Mother's, I wouldn't rub to hard, and it seems to me that it probably will build up around the graphics.

·
Registered
937 Posts
I've only washed mine once in the 4 months I have it. (actually washing it with water), but I pretty much Meguiars Quick Detail the whole bike every ride or two. Mine is ready for a waxing and I plan on using the Mother's as well. As for any build up that might get around the decals just find a soft tooth brush and brush the build up away. The wax would be fine to use on the wheels too and might help resist a little of the dirt build up that gets on them by riding.

Love this color bike, but when the wheels get dirty, the whole bike looks bad! :D

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Originally posted by wfenton

Love this color bike, but when the wheels get dirty, the whole bike looks bad! :D
I agree. That was the sole reason for me washing today. I didn't wax the wheels though, decided I'd wait till I get a front and rear pitbull. I think that'll make it 100 times easier.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.