Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've been riding for the past 3 years and filling up the tires at a specific gas station because of its flexible nozzle. I never really thought about it because I usually check the tire pressure before any long trips but recently I wanted to find a solution to an "emergency" situation. If i forget to check and i need air I would need to find a gas station that has that flexible nozzle. Also I ride a 2018 Kawi Ninja 650 :)

My questions are...(because i never attempted to do it otherwise, that is my mistake)

Is there a tool, such as an adapter, that i can place onto any gas station nozzle so I can fill up easy?

Anyone know of any tips of how they fill up their air? Without a pump or flexible nozzle that is.

EDIT
I did a search before I posted this question and nothing came up. Sorry if it is a "newbie" question but I know everyone has their own way of doing things. I'd just like some opinions

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
The best thing to do is to fit angled valves, they make the whole process so much easier. Just make sure to pick good quality items (mine are from Ariette).

It is also good to invest on a good quality air compressor with a digital screen and automatic stop at the desired Psi. This way you will be more precise by measuring the pressure with stone cold tires, which is the correct way, and of course more relaxed! I paid about 55$ for mine, it's about the size of a loaf of bread and has cables both for wall outlet and 12v car plug.

·
Registered
2013 Ninja 650R
14 Posts
+1 on angled valves. It makes topping off a lot easier. Definitely have them put on when you next change tires.

I can't give too much guidance on the air compressor part of the equation since I bought a big one a long time ago. Before I bought it, I kept a small 7gallon tank in the back seat of my truck for mishaps in the country. Now, it lives keep it near the bike and I top it off as needed so i don't have to drag my hoses across the garage. Something like... https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/product/jobsmart-portable-air-tank-5-gal It tops off with like a regular tire and its hose has the normal tire adapter on the end. As small as our tires are, you can get several topoffs per fill.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Great idea! I sure will keep that in mind for the next time i change tires. Unfortunate there isn't an adapter for those who haven't thought about putting in angular valves.

As far as the compressor, yea Ill be in investing in one soon enough so i can save that extra cash I would spend on paying a gas station for air

Have either of you played around with a "Nitro Fill" like some people do for their cars. On my end I see large difference between regular air and nitrofill. I lose air ALOT slower with nitrofill rather than with regular air filled tires. Slightly more expensive when done but goes for 3-4x longer I'd say

·
Registered
2013 Ninja 650R
14 Posts
re: nitrogen fill, no. if i had a way to keep some at the house, i might play with it but think topping off a few times with air would just dilute the nitrogen pretty quickly.

for the cars, i have not seen a difference between the nitrogen over air. if we were talking about overcoming a smaller molecule like He or a using a larger molecule, i'd have to look at it a lot closer.

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
re: nitrogen fill, no. if i had a way to keep some at the house, i might play with it but think topping off a few times with air would just dilute the nitrogen pretty quickly.

for the cars, i have not seen a difference between the nitrogen over air. if we were talking about overcoming a smaller molecule like He or a using a larger molecule, i'd have to look at it a lot closer.
I agree, plus in order for nitrogen to work 100% the tires must be flat before filled. Also, tire pressure is very important for bike safety and more sensitive and prone to adjustment. Get a good quality air compressor, it's fun, safe and easy (telemarketing mode off :p )

·
Registered
292 Posts

·
Registered
2011 Kawasaki ER-6F
148 Posts
I swear I answered this question with the addon 90° Adapters, seems like it either didn't send or got deleted lol. Either way, +1 to AusEr6guy, I'd carry one of those in your toolkit under the seat and just twist it on when you need to fill your tires up, they literally work like valve caps, just screw it on and the other end you can put the pump on it

·
Registered
1 Posts
So I've been riding for the past 3 years and filling up the tires at a specific gas station because of its flexible nozzle. I never really thought about it because I usually check the tire pressure before any long trips but recently I wanted to find a solution to an "emergency" situation. If i forget to check and i need air I would need to find a gas station that has that flexible nozzle. Also I ride a 2018 Kawi Ninja 650 :)

My questions are...(because i never attempted to do it otherwise, that is my mistake)

Is there a tool, such as an adapter, that i can place onto any gas station nozzle so I can fill up easy?

Anyone know of any tips of how they fill up their air? Without a pump or flexible nozzle that is.

EDIT
I did a search before I posted this question and nothing came up. Sorry if it is a "newbie" question but I know everyone has their own way of doing things. I'd just like some opinions
LUMITECO Locking Tire Chuck with Rubber Hose and Standard Tire Valve, it's on Amazon $ 7.95

·
Registered
15 Posts
90 valve.jpg
fitted next time you get your tyres changed.
ebay £3 - 10
$??????
CO2 canister and pump adapter
co2 inflator.jpg
2 -3 canisters under the seat with adapter, get you out the ****
Can use nitrogen oxide canister used with coffee makers.

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
View attachment 138703
fitted next time you get your tyres changed.
ebay £3 - 10
$??????
CO2 canister and pump adapter
View attachment 138704
2 -3 canisters under the seat with adapter, get you out the ****
Can use nitrogen oxide canister used with coffee makers.
I would suggest getting the best quality valves possible as tire pressure is critical for safety. I spent around 35 euros for my set, you just buy them once for many years so a few $$$ more is not a big deal.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I would suggest getting the best quality valves possible as tire pressure is critical for safety. I spent around 35 euros for my set, you just buy them once for many years so a few $$$ more is not a big deal.
Yes the old adage you get what you pay for.
So many times people pay through the nose for quality when the items are the same and come from the same manufacturer it pays to shop around and look for the best price and do a little digging to find out what is what.

If your in a fix and you need the part to get you out of the mire then you pay for what you need there and then.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts