Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok fellas im curious to know who will tell the truth. Now when i say that we are all squids what i mean is every once in a while we all do "squidly" things, or things that we may flame someone else about if we saw them doing it. Since i started this post i will be the 1st to admit it.....i rode my bike from the storage to the carwash, maybe half a mile, in shorts, t-shirt, no lid. I admit it felt wierd partly because i never ride in shorts, and no lid but i took a chance. whether you guys like to admit it or not i think there are instances when we all squid it up just a little bit....TELL YOUR STORIES...oh yea one more, about 2 months ago i raced a cruiser (well wasnt much of a race) on the HOV lane. There was no traffic straight highway.....

·
Got lime? I do
16,736 Posts
i rarely ride in shorts but will. my summer gear consists of a helmet, t-shirt, jeans, boots or sneakers. i'll ride a wheeli any chance i get. if i run acroos someone wanting a ride, i'll let them wear my lid and i'll go without one.

lets get this flaming party started haha

o-yea, i wore a 3 peice suit and dress shoes one time on the bike. got a lot of looks with that lol

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
lol finally someone steps up!!! i know there are many more, come on guys let your inner squid out lmao[:WhoGivesAFuck]

·
Registered
5,642 Posts
I prefer not to get on KawiForums making a public request for people to flame me.. haha

·
DEATH TO THE ISA!!!
10,796 Posts
A couple times I rode with just a t-shirt, shorts and sneakers. I've also done triple digits with just a lid and no other gear. I lane split for 30 miles straight once when there was a ton of traffic. I weaved in and out of traffic while going 120mph. Raced a cruiser in broad daylight and hit 140 right in front of a cop lol.

I am not afraid to admit that I'm squidly from time to time. People who claim they aren't are just lying.

·
Registered
35 Posts
One time I went about 300 miles with a wife beater and shorts on...On the other side of the spectrum I once road around town in a 50 with my full leather suit on.

·
Premium Member
6,158 Posts
Originally posted by FightingFalcon
A couple times I rode with just a t-shirt, shorts and sneakers. I've also done triple digits with just a lid and no other gear. I lane split for 30 miles straight once when there was a ton of traffic. I weaved in and out of traffic while going 120mph. Raced a cruiser in broad daylight and hit 140 right in front of a cop lol.

I am not afraid to admit that I'm squidly from time to time. People who claim they aren't are just lying.
Don't forget the time you wrecked (twice) acting squidly ya newb.

JK, at least you have a bike to wreck...[V]

Either way, one time I was on the back of a hayabusa and we were going 230 actual not indicated but we past 4 cops eating donuts and coffee and they yelled something about do a wheelie, so of course we did and we went up on one for about 42 miles untill the oil was settled in the back of the pan and the engine started sputtering so we went straight into an endo while I was on my friends shoulders and it was awesome and it was so much fun and and man it was squidly cause you could smell it

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Originally posted by FightingFalcon

Dam 140 in front of a cop???? i know you won the race right

·
Where is hoser??
17,340 Posts
I used to do a lot of stupid shit, and I used to wreck pretty often, luckily none of them were serious. Anymore, I don't really ride unless I can dedicate several hours to it, so I don't really "squid it up" at all anymore.

--David

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
My gear always consists of helmet, gloves, jacket, boots and jeans. I need some riding pants. I have never, ever, taken my bike out without all that gear on. My squid behavior would be more along the lines of passing some slow driver, a quick jaunt up to 130 or so on an empty freeway, something like that. I try to be good, but sometimes the squid cries out "pass the freakin old lady already" LOL

·
Registered
5,642 Posts
Originally posted by trig

Don't forget the time you wrecked (twice) acting squidly ya newb.

JK, at least you have a bike to wreck...[V]

Either way, one time I was on the back of a hayabusa and we were going 230 actual not indicated but we past 4 cops eating donuts and coffee and they yelled something about do a wheelie, so of course we did and we went up on one for about 42 miles untill the oil was settled in the back of the pan and the engine started sputtering so we went straight into an endo while I was on my friends shoulders and it was awesome and it was so much fun and and man it was squidly cause you could smell it
uhhh... riiiiiiiight.. 230 actual miles per hour, two up.. riiiiiight

wait, now I read the rest of your post.. and I think I get it. you're joking.. right? either that, or a terrible liar. lol

G

·
ill ride in my work uniform when its time for me to eat lunch. i put the helmet on but thats it. any other time i gear the jacket and gloves.

but now that i have a car i dont worry about taking the bike out anymore.

and if it feels safe ill lean it out on an on/off ramp (we have a lot of those around here). its the only way to have fun sometimes when ur not out on a "real" twisty ride.

so yea we all have a lil bit of squid in us. i mean we ride bikes. there are so many things to do on them that would be classified as squidly (sometimes unsafe, sometimes fun).

·
Registered
247 Posts
If Im hoping on an interstate gotta have leather jacket helmet gloves boots but short trips around town i usually go tshirt jeans sneakers helmet. I wheelie every "safe"(meaning no police) chance i get. I race from DC to Baltimore down 95 everyonce in awhile with friends. I dont know if you guys consider lane splitting squidish but the way i look at it if i wanted to sit in traffic i would have driven my car.i reunite with my inner squid every once in awhile

·
Registered
703 Posts
.......about once a week, i like to ride to trader joes with just a speedo, a-star boots , and my helmet. i leave my helmet on when i'm in the store with the visor down so no one knows who i am.....

·
Registered
950 Posts
LOL all!!! I did a week long super squid stretch this year. Myrtle Beach Bike week. It was 40 degrees when we left home and 90+ degrees all week in Myrtle. Had tennis shoes, shorts, no lid, and my newly aquired super touristy SBB wife beater. We never went over 60 and that wasn't even till we got west of 17 (cept one time we hit almost 80 and got citations for excessive acceleration. $85) Normal summer gear is lid only unless it's cooler than 90 then I wear jeans and possibly a long sleeve. Under 70 is automatic full gear. I no like d cold!

·
Registered
510 Posts
Originally posted by ldrexler
.......about once a week, i like to ride to trader joes with just a speedo, a-star boots , and my helmet. i leave my helmet on when i'm in the store with the visor down so no one knows who i am.....
[:M45]

i ride fast and aggressive. I split lanes. I like to wheelie. I always wear at least a jacket, gloves, jeans, and helmet (strapped).

·
Got lime? I do
16,736 Posts
Originally posted by MRWGLO92
LOL all!!! I did a week long super squid stretch this year. Myrtle Beach Bike week. It was 40 degrees when we left home and 90+ degrees all week in Myrtle. Had tennis shoes, shorts, no lid, and my newly aquired super touristy SBB wife beater. We never went over 60 and that wasn't even till we got west of 17 (cept one time we hit almost 80 and got citations for excessive acceleration. $85) Normal summer gear is lid only unless it's cooler than 90 then I wear jeans and possibly a long sleeve. Under 70 is automatic full gear. I no like d cold!
hahaha, i don't even take the bike down there anymore. got tired of walking the bike up and down the strip. and god forbid if you wheeli, get loud, excelerate quick, and dam sure don't speed. ever seen a bike get towed down there? they'll wich it up in the air and let it hang behind the wrecker ans everytime he stops and starts it smashes into the wrecker. well i guess if youv'e been an ass.

·
Registered
950 Posts
LOL we didn't get towed, but we got stopped a few times. My one buddy is super squid and all the times we were stopped was because of him. One cop says "If you can't learn to control those bikes, I'll do it for ya!" after he did a rev limiter blip. LMAO. Another one gave us a ticket for "Parking on the Sidewalk". We had pulled off on a parking lot entranceway to wait for one guy who got held up at a light. Bikes were off and we were sitting on them. Copper came up and was a real PRICK, checked our papers (we're all legal), ridiculed us, then gave us the tickets. Unreal. He even yelled at some bystanders that asked another officer that was with him a question. he yells "you don't talk to her, she's on official business!" He was a poor representative of the city.

·
ratherberiding
18,439 Posts
i ate sushi and octopus without weraing a helmet, that's kind of squidish.

but i wheelie when no one is around, regardless of the road

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.