Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It would figure that just after I get my endorsement and want to ride more, the weather suddenly goes to hell. Crazy amounts of rain, and now it's just cold out. Not even a single 70+ degree day over the 10 day forecast. What happened to my nice riding weather? Damn you North Dakota...

I guess I'll have to bust out the sweatshirt for some insulation and just suck it up. I want to get 1,000 miles on this bike before I have to store it for the winter.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I weigh 114 pounds, so I get cold easily. Hell I've got a space heater under my desk here at work and turn it on when the A/C gets the tech center down to 70 degrees...

·
Registered
2002 ZX6R
26,947 Posts
50 degrees is my cutoff. Though I don't foresee too much more riding, I need tires and I don't wanna buy new tires just to let them sit there over the winter. So that makes my decision pretty easy.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Honestly, I don't know.
I've lived in the upper midwest my whole life, so I guess it just seems natural to feel miserable! Ah well. At least it's fairly cheap to live here...

·
Premium Member
14,851 Posts
I'm on the downward side of triple digit temps here...Can't want for the winter. Arizona winter means 70-80's and sunny!

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
the weather here in IL did the same thing. i love taking my bike out when its around the 60's. the colder it is outside the faster my bike seems. i had my bike out in the winter a couple times and boy was it fun. the only prob is that my nuts get cold really fast so i tend to wear an extra layer of shorts.

to answer your question though, i'm pretty sure the temp and rain has something to do with gustav.

·
Where is hoser??
17,340 Posts
I weigh 114 pounds, so I get cold easily. Hell I've got a space heater under my desk here at work and turn it on when the A/C gets the tech center down to 70 degrees...

Eat.

--David

·
Banned
150 Posts
It's a beautiful sunny 76 here and San Diego. I left work for about an hour just to get some riding in because it was so beautiful.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts