Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Aznbro88.

I'm 122lbs and ride a 2002 ZX-6R with no problems. How much experience riding do you have? If you are small and have no experience then I recommend that you start on something smaller.

Red 2002 ZX-6R 636

It's not the speed that kills, it's the sudden stop...

·
Registered
303 Posts
Your personal weight does affect the bike. But unless you are at the extreme ends of the scale, then it really isn't a factor. However, there is no way to correlate your weight against whether you'd be safe on a bike. There just is no direct relationship. You need to look at other factors such as your riding skills, experience, and maturity.

-2000 ZX-6R.....

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey i'm buying a motorcycle and i'm not sure how your weight affects riding your bike. I'm young and so i weigh about 140 pounds and I was wondering if it would be safe if I rode a ZX6R, GSXR600, or R6. I know it wouldn't be safe for me to buy something like a goldwing or anything but if I need to know if I have to consider buying a smaller bike.

·
Registered
65 Posts
When I first started riding bikes I was a short arse and it was hard to keep the bike upright if sumthing happened eg I put my leg out only to stand on gravel, or if the ground wasnt level. But over the years I had a huge growth spurt and my legs got longer which makes a real difference. I reckon it doesnt matter how much you weight or how strong you are but how long your legs are and if you can reach the ground ok.

"Speed kills, but atleast you get there faster."

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Shit I'm 33 and still waiting for my legs to grow...

Red 2002 ZX-6R 636

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
I'm telling yas, one of my riding buddies is in the featherweight class like you guys, and NOBODY and I mean NOBODY can touch him in a straight line, as long as he doesn't loft the wheel too much. He goes about 130 pounds and rides a 2001 R6 with a pipe. He LEAVES most of the rest of us, including the big bore guys. Can't believe it. I think the ratio is 1 hp for every 7 pounds, which means I need 13hp more than him to keep up in a straight line, and I'm sure I don't have it. :(

"Keep yer feet on the pegs and your right hand cranked."

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
yeah i need to loose some weight for my bike....if I could get back down to 170lbs, that would be kick ass....

damned food and beer....

My Drinking Team Has a Racing Problem!

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
hehe, I'm pretty much uncatchable in a straight line. It's basically like the bike is flying along with noone on it...

Red 2002 ZX-6R 636

·
Registered
207 Posts
It's funny, all through high school I wanted to gain weight taking protein shakes and creatine and now I'm so happy I never could really get up there in the pounds. It's nice driving a '03 6R only weighing 145 pounds ;)

--- '03 zx6r

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
its like after I turned 24, the weight just started piling up....

damn metabolism....I blame my fat ass parents!!!!

My Drinking Team Has a Racing Problem!

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
LOL 33 years old and 121 lbs. I thank my parents for my metabolism - and my Dad in particular for my disappearing hair :(

Red 2002 ZX-6R 636

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.