Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As you all know the 07/08 ZX6 is a little on the chubby side. Besides wheels, exhaust and losing weight myself ( I'm 160 by the way :)), how else can you drop the weight on this bike?

·
Registered
147 Posts
remove everything you don't need. lots of dead weight in bolts, too. use zip ties.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
rear sprocket weighs a ton compared to a Vortex sprocket.....huge weight doference.....

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
As you all know the 07/08 ZX6 is a little on the chubby side. Besides wheels, exhaust and losing weight myself ( I'm 160 by the way :)), how else can you drop the weight on this bike?
Carbon Fiber, lightweight rotors,sprockets, clip-ons, deleting everything you dont use, ride naked, etc.

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
ride with no air in ur tires think off al lthe weight u would save.

·
Registered
218 Posts
How much weight are you trying to lose? And what type of riding are you doing? Although it weights a ton in stock form, it strips down to race ready weight easy. racebikeparts.com can put lights in race body work which can save a lot of work for you and a lot of weight for the bike.

·
Registered
417 Posts
The gas tank.
ride around with 1/2 tank instead of full.
I bet some people laughed, but that is very true. Gas weighs almost 9lbs per gallon. When you can finish a 10lap sprint with about 2 gallons, why carry around almost 5? You are hauling around over 20 extra pounds.

To the OP, concentrate on unsprung weight; that is where you will get the most benefit. Lighter chain and sprockets, magnesium wheels (unless you plan on racing SS) etc.

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
i say remove all brakes and install peddals and coster brakes like a bmx bike.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
An exhaust can save you up to 15 lbs depending on what you get.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts