Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if someone could help me out with this, I am thinkin about tryin to get into racing (strip). I am wondering the weight differences between stock and aftermarket, such as bodywork, drivetrain, and so on. I know I am leavin this wide open, hopin that this thread will help out more novices such as myself in all aspects of shedding weight.

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
I removed my mirrors, passenger footpegs, rear license/signal mount and added a slip on pipe. If I had to guess, I would say that I shaved about 12-15 lbs off the bike granted most of it was due to replacing the stock can. It should in theory knock off a tenth of a second or so and removing mirrors will gain 1-2 mph in 1/4. I have stock bodywork on my o5

·
Registered
414 Posts
After market body work will save you a bit since you will be binning the rear seat. Are you looking to keep it streetable?

·
Registered
230 Posts
my biggest weight difference was my exhaust. full system from boz bros, i lost over 40 lbs. i think someone said the stock system weighed around 48lbs and the new system weights 7lbs. jmo, i would say learning how to ride the bike is the biggest difference in times.

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
I 2nd that the weakest link is definitely the rider. I know it is in my case

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.