Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I remember reading in several threads other people wondering about weighted bar ends, and I never saw anyone answer. Here's my definitive answer -- hell yes they do. I have put about 100 miles on my bike since installing the Motovation bar ends, which are heavy as hell, and the bars are as smooth as glass. Seriously, they feel about the same with the engine off as they do at 14,000rpm. I was having a lot of trouble with my hands getting tingly after very short rides, now I'm good to go.

Sorry for not just posting in an existing thread, I just wanted to make one that had a clear title and would hit easily on the search terms, so others could find it if they take the time to search.

·
Registered
58 Posts
i totally agree with ya.... my bar end are cruse control too. hmm... think they are called throttle meister
the weighted ones make a world of difference

·
Registered
5,642 Posts
Thanks for the link! Couldn't find any decent weighted bar ends for the '05/06

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
[:TTIWWOP]

·
Powerhungry
38,158 Posts
hey thanks man. ive been fighting the numbness for awhile now.
good to know that they actually help .
i'll be getting me some soon.

edit: what color did u get?
i sure hope they come in black.

oh and pics on the bike would be great.

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Raw machined stainless. I hate that. I really, really would prefer black. But as a testament to how nice they are to have, I STILL recommend them, and they'll never come off.

It's dark, but here's a few terrible pics (my digi-cam sucks in the dark) - I'll snap another tomorrow in the daylight so you can get a better look.

·
Powerhungry
38,158 Posts
i like the look of those better than the stockers.

might have to think about having them powdercoated.

i definately dont want the stainless look.
you should look into new grips too. i changed mine with some cheapies($12) from the dealer. and it did help some with the vibes. they are probaably about twice and cushioned, almost a gel, very soft.

·
Registered
5,642 Posts
There's a local place that powdercoats, chromes, and anodizes.. Might have some anodized or powdercoated.

·
Registered
916 Posts
Man thats crazy; I have never heard of those things. And from time to time my hand get numb every now and then. Does anyone know if they have any ill effect in the twisties? Probably not but I just wanted to inquire about that.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Ordered mine today - will post up when they are on the bike and if they help with the vibe - thanks for the link and info.

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Originally posted by nevada
you should look into new grips too. i changed mine with some cheapies($12) from the dealer. and it did help some with the vibes. they are probaably about twice and cushioned, almost a gel, very soft.
They're certainly on the short list - I just haven't taken the time to do them. I have a set of gel ProGrips on the old 'cane and they're really nice, and were only about $10 from Dennis Kirk. I'm not sure why I haven't gotten a set yet, I guess I'm just lazy. And grips are such a pain in the balls to put on.

Here are a few pics in the daylight.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Put them on this weekend and all I can say is buy them - what a difference, little or no vibe compaired to stock ends. Thanks again for the info.

·
Registered
916 Posts
I think motovation is a lil more appealing, plus who knows how heavy you really need to go. Good shizz though

·
Registered
56 Posts
save some money and score some busa bar ends on ebay. i have them on my sv which has some pretty decent vibes through the clip ons, and they helped alot. they are pretty heavy

·
Registered
167 Posts
270 grams is what the motovations sliders weigh, which is 9.523969726386711 ounces. The HVMP ends are: Heavy Bar End weight: 13.9 ounces.
Extra Heavy Bar End weight: 17.2 ounces.

I need some of these... Just trying to decide if i really need to pay more for the motovation ones or just get these... Decisions!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.