Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everybody,

I have been looking for a thread on this, but haven't seen anything so if I'm repeating a question I apologize up front. I have an 07 and it makes a very subtle noise right around 9k but once i power through 10k, it goes away. It's hard to describe it but it's kind of like a rattling or very slight ringing sound. It happens in every gear, but not while revving it in neutral and always happens in the same spot of the powerband (9k-ish).

I'm not sure if it has always been there and I never noticed it or if it just started...

I'm not too worried about it because my buddy has an 07 too and his made the same noise since day one and he has put 6k miles on it since he bought it new at the dealership, but figured I'd ask...

Any help you can offer is greatly appreciated. Thanks guys!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Mine makes the same noise around the same spot (9-10k). There have been several other people complain about the same noise, I believe there was one thread where somone said it was the "Bike Down Sensor" causing it. I'd have to dig through my older posts and find that thread though..

·
Premium Member
114 Posts
Next time, trying placing your hand on your clutch lever, it is most likely the lever itself vibrating ever so slightly causing the weird "ringing/vibe" noise you are hearing. Mine used to do it, then I simply adjusted the the slack in the clutch cable, noise was gone immediately. If placing your hand on the lever makes the noise go away, that is the culprit.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Next time, trying placing your hand on your clutch lever, it is most likely the lever itself vibrating ever so slightly causing the weird "ringing/vibe" noise you are hearing. Mine used to do it, then I simply adjusted the the slack in the clutch cable, noise was gone immediately. If placing your hand on the lever makes the noise go away, that is the culprit.
Its the clutch lever vibrating, keep your hand on it and you wont hear the noise.

I'll give it a shot the minute I get out of class!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts