Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so,,, its about 1:11am here on the east coast. and about an 1 1/2 ago, i was flying through the air, with my bike going in all different directions, and breaking things off all the way. all i did was throttled hard, and was nothing really out of the ordinary, but this time the front end came and being that i wasnt not wanting this or expecting this, did not react quick enough. rear break, no throttle and clutch were far from mind in that one-millionth of a second that i had before i saw my bike scraping its way through the parking lot. the whole front end is f-ed up, including fairings triple tree thing, broke mirrors, foot ped, etc., etc. ........... my hands are a little tore up, my one knee, and my elbow is sorta bloody. not a scratch on my helmet. my jacket wore through in a few spots.

i am in no way saying this is cool, neat, or bragging ... if anyone writes comments about squid or heres what you should of done, then you are missing the point entirely. -this bikes are f-ing crazy. there is so much power in such a tiny space, and when you start to feel really comfortable with your bike it is easy to forget how crazy they are, and that is when it is easy to make mistakes and get hurt.

and being that i am alright, what im worried about is my insurance and what im going to have to pay, and what will be covered if anything.

ohh, and hey any of you people out there that want to learn wheelies,,, i just want to say you must be nuts or stupid. this is the closest thing i can think of that would be like a wheelie, i almost died. learn from others rather then through this shit im going through.

i dont know how to post pics, or i would.

·
Registered
181 Posts
ohh man...that sucks dude...i take it u flipped it then...i did the same thing..but it jus slid its side..but hey man glad glad ur alright:)

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
Yea im not into stunting but I mean the people that do it are use to it, im not saying they are pros but they do what they are good at. Not everyone can stunt but also not everyone can ride on a track. Good to hear that your alright, oh yea have u been down before? How long have u been riding?

·
Registered
950 Posts
Dude, that sux. Glad you're ok. There's another local guy (one I ride with) who's starting to fix his '05 after looping it. Maybe we can all exchange parts! [:p]

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
Glad you're ok. That's something that will stick with you, and remind you of what could happen real quick. Get it back together and ride safe!

·
Got lime? I do
16,736 Posts
glad ur ok. but u didn't come close to a wheeli, u just straight up looped it. and u r rite, people get comfy with these bikes and forget how quick they can cut loose. any time u nail the gas u need to be covering the rear brake. good luck with ur bike, hope it all works out for ya.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
well, its turns out that i dont have collision insurance, and this is not going to be covered by my insurance company whatsoever.

im fucked bigtime.

i dont know if i can afford to repair this.

·
Where is hoser??
17,340 Posts
That sucks...could have been worse.

--David

·
Registered
97 Posts
Brutal situation all around!

At least you don't have to worry about hefty medical bills. You're very lucky you weren't killed or have a head injury.

A bike can be replaced...you can't be.

·
Get off of my lawn Dammit
44,665 Posts
Originally posted by weaver
well, its turns out that i dont have collision insurance, and this is not going to be covered by my insurance company whatsoever.
Dude, glad you are okay and sorry to hear your bike is not covered. An expensive lesson for sure but I bet you never make that mistake again. I hope you don't give up riding over it. That being said, you, me and everyone else here should know just what our insurance covers before we ever get on the road. Read the fine print people. Good luck with your repairs.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
well, i was right with my first assessment. i got a call today about my bike estimate, and they said it would be 8600.00 to fix it. i got 2 little scrapes on my frame, and they said that its totaled.

i am so fucked on this. insurance wont cover it. and i still owe money to buy this bike that i cant even EVER ride again.

any suggestions would be appreciated.
kawasaki warrenty?
:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

·
Get off of my lawn Dammit
44,665 Posts
well, i was right with my first assessment. i got a call today about my bike estimate, and they said it would be 8600.00 to fix it. i got 2 little scrapes on my frame, and they said that its totaled.

i am so fucked on this. insurance wont cover it. and i still owe money to buy this bike that i cant even EVER ride again.

kawasaki warrenty?
I don't think any Kawi warranty is gonna help you. If you decide to part it out, I'm in the market for a spare set of wheels. Did they survive?

·
Registered
21 Posts

kawasaki warrenty?
Just so ya know Same situation happened to a buddy of mine and no insurance on collision, so when it happened he crashed without anyone else involved, trucked the bike home (in pieces) and kept it in the garage. A couple of days after he added collision coverage and waited 1 month (for the extent of damage it was worth waiting) and then voila! claimed it after the fact!. I dont know your details in your accident but if no cops were involved or 3rd party, that is what I would do! F#$% the insurance companies!!

N

·
0 Posts
why people risk wrecking their 9k dollar bike or fucking themselves up for a simple wheelie is beyond me

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.