Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
let me start by saying i have riden dirtbikes since i was 8 yrs old. i owned a 96 gsxr 750 and a 04 gsxr 1000. why i sold the 1000 i still dont know. i just got ahold of a 04 636 green with 1100 miles thru a guy i got in contact with thru ebay. his auction didnt meet reserve so i swooped in. i offered him $4500 cash and said i would drive to come get it. he accepted. he claimed that it was in near mint condition and he just never rode it. and let me tell you, he was right. this bike is straight off the showroom floor. nothing has been touched. i rode it when i got there to pick it up and had trouble getting it into neutral cause the transmission was so tight. it felt a little (choked up) to me. maybe cause its bearly broke in cause im used to riding bigger bikes. all in all, i am very happy with this purchase and have already sat down and ordered the following

harris iridium windscreen

stomp grip pads

black nylon frame sliders (one set)

anodized green or gold 10mm swingarm spools (for my model of bike one of these spools is offset a little bit)

lockhart phillips short stalk V carbonfiber turn signals with LED's (two sets, for front and rear)

two of those little black plates that are used for putting the short stalk turn signals in the stock location

BMC race air filter

Devil high mount titanium exhaust

fender eliminator (one that uses stock holes and has to be black with the 1/4 in holes for turnsignals)

some brand of quick acceleration kit (should come with a chain and two new sprockets. would perfer gold)

any other suggestions? or do you see anything wrong? all of this was ordered from Hammy except the first two, he didnt have them. i was very active on gixxer.com when i owned my gsxr's so i will try to be on here as well. look foward to your reply's
Branden

·
Registered
224 Posts
Sounds like a good deal! enjoy the bike. and yeah, why did you get rid of the 1000?

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i put like $4000 down when i bought it and i wanted that equitity in my hand to pay off all my bills (debt). good trade off now anyway.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok, ok. i'm going to take pictures now. it i cant get them to post (which i never could on the gixxer site), i will be needing some help.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
as i said, i rode this bike for a couple of miles when i picked it up. are these bikes supposed to feel "choked up" like it did? is that normal? am i just used to my gsxr 1000 or do these all feel like that when they are new? or is it because the motor isnt broke in yet?

·
Registered
460 Posts
Looks like a good buy to me. Ride safe, and enjoy your new baby!!

·
Registered
476 Posts
if you don't mind me asking adrenaline, where did you find your bike? i'm looking for an 03 with low mileage and it seems like everywhere i see one they want over 5000 for it

·
Registered
664 Posts
Wow sweet deal ,that bike is minty fresh. Shit 110 miles, the guy probably never rode it hard it's still tight.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Originally posted by im-a-ninja
as i said, i rode this bike for a couple of miles when i picked it up. are these bikes supposed to feel "choked up" like it did? is that normal? am i just used to my gsxr 1000 or do these all feel like that when they are new? or is it because the motor isnt broke in yet?
You have to pull the right grip towards you and in a downward motion a bit more! jk I just picked up a low mileage (726) '03 for $5k, so I think you got aa good deal.

·
Registered
318 Posts
nice buy and good luck with it, i got my 04 for 4900 in nov 05. i'm a ninja remember it's not a 1000, but it shouldn't feel choked up maybe the bike has been sitting for to long get new gas and some fuel injector cleaner.:D

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
thank you all for your complements. thats a good idea, i never thought about the bike sitting in his garage for long periods of time and the gas being the possible problem. i accually tore half the bike apart today so i will just drain the tank and put some new gas in it before i put it all back together. thanks.

·
Registered
949 Posts
Originally posted by nickypicky85
if you don't mind me asking adrenaline, where did you find your bike? i'm looking for an 03 with low mileage and it seems like everywhere i see one they want over 5000 for it
ebay ill post some pics soon

1 - 20 of 23 Posts