Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
pickin myself up an 03 gsxr1k for 6k w/ 5k miles on it, it was hard not to hold out and get a 10r but i just felt more comfortable on the 1k than the 10r, can't wait although she'll have to sit all winter but who the fawk cares :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,642 Posts
BOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bleh, just kidding... Good luck with it! Ride safe.
 

·
DEATH TO THE ISA!!!
Joined
·
10,796 Posts
Good luck....hope your frame doesn't crack :D
 

·
Neutered
2006 MV Agusta F4 1000S
Joined
·
8,423 Posts
Originally posted by J_fukin_t
pickin myself up an 03 gsxr1k for 6k w/ 5k miles on it, it was hard not to hold out and get a 10r but i just felt more comfortable on the 1k than the 10r, can't wait although she'll have to sit all winter but who the fawk cares :)
Hope you also stocked up on JB Weld and have access to a welder.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Originally posted by FightingFalcon
Good luck....hope your frame doesn't crack :D
yea that happened on my buddy's 05 1k, but only cause he wrecked at 90+ mph , and no that means i still wear my shit no matter what, bike don't make the man ;)
 

·
Neutered
2006 MV Agusta F4 1000S
Joined
·
8,423 Posts
Originally posted by J_fukin_t


yea that happened on my buddy's 05 1k, but only cause he wrecked at 90+ mph , and no that means i still wear my shit no matter what, bike don't make the man ;)
Not sure when Suzuki changed up their models, but a buddy of mine had an 04 Gixxer 1k, and I really liked that bike. If it's the same model, I can't talk any shit. It was a really good bike.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
03/04 were the same then 05/06 were diff, my buddy had the 05 and the frame cracked ;)
 

·
Neutered
2006 MV Agusta F4 1000S
Joined
·
8,423 Posts
Originally posted by J_fukin_t
03/04 were the same then 05/06 were diff, my buddy had the 05 and the frame cracked ;)
Yeah, the 03/04's were very pretty, and for some reason it felt like my 636...not the flickability or anything, but you know how you get that 'at home' feeling when you're on your own bike...I got that same feeling hopping on the 03/04 gixxer 1k. It wasn't stock, and had pretty much the exact same mods as my bike (same rearsets, same steering damper, same brake lines, etc), and the ergos may have just been set up similar, but I felt at home almost right away on it. Really smooth at lean, too. Too bad their subframes are made out of tin foil, though. They bend and mangle at the slightest provocation. Pretty much if you go down at all, you're going to end up replacing the subframe.

The first time I saw an 05 Gixxer 1k was in a dealer that a friend worked at. I hadn't seen any photos, and his dealership got the bike in rediculously earlier than other places, and I just happened to be there hanging out right after they assembled it, so my buddy and I went to the garage to check it out and sit on it and stuff, and I shit you not, as soon as I got one good glance at it I busted out laughing. From first glance it was the ugliest, most rediculous looking bike I had ever seen. I love the higher seat height and aggressive ergos of the 03/04 Gixxer much better.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,529 Posts
Originally posted by cd3kd
Does this mean you are throwing away your riding gear? :D
LOL, you guys are terrible.

Seriously though, the Suzuki is a good bike. I'm a Kawi guy, and probably always will be but I wouldn't mind riding any of the big four to tell you the truth. They all have their strengths. I'm sure you will enjoy it. Have fun and be safe.

Oh, and don't get mad when you see me fly past you on my zx10r :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Originally posted by FLOJOE



LOL, you guys are terrible.

Seriously though, the Suzuki is a good bike. I'm a Kawi guy, and probably always will be but I wouldn't mind riding any of the big four to tell you the truth. They all have their strengths. I'm sure you will enjoy it. Have fun and be safe.

Oh, and don't get mad when you see me fly past you on my zx10r :D
ahaha lol, i'll be at the gap in june to break her in ;) like i said it was a toss up between the 1k and the 10r just found a better deal on the 1k thats all, i origianlly was going for a 10 but couldn't find one close enough w/ low enough miles for me, and yea not fond of the 05/06 1k
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
563 Posts
Originally posted by J_fukin_t
, can't wait although she'll have to sit all winter but who the fawk cares :)

AHAHAHA, winter! You guys have that out there huh?

Today's forecast 80 and sunny.

If you want me to babysit your bike until you can ride it I'll pay for shipping.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Originally posted by wharthog3II




AHAHAHA, winter! You guys have that out there huh?

Today's forecast 80 and sunny.

If you want me to babysit your bike until you can ride it I'll pay for shipping.
must be nice, lol & she's blue/black/white ;)
 

·
Neutered
2006 MV Agusta F4 1000S
Joined
·
8,423 Posts
Originally posted by J_fukin_t


must be nice, lol & she's blue/black/white ;)
Nice, same color as the one my buddy had. But when you go to the gap, don't be this guy:

 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,529 Posts
Originally posted by dragknt



Nice, same color as the one my buddy had. But when you go to the gap, don't be this guy:
Holy shit, its scary knowing that people like that actually go to the dragon. It's not like he even blew the exit of a turn and went wide. I could understand that, sometimes you just go in too hot. But he is actually entering the turn on the wrong side. Idiot.

If I was the other guy, I would turn around and beat his ass or trash his bike so he couldn't get back on the road and hurt anyone else.

I'm planning on going back to the gap this weekend, hopefully this guy won't be there.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
yea i'm pretty good at keepin my own line, can't wait for that shit though
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
well after further review i'm pretty happy w/ my purchase, the thing rips, but i'm gonna need a whole season to be officially converted from kawi ;)
 
1 - 20 of 34 Posts
Top