Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well it's almost been about two months and I dropped my 2012 Ninja 650. I was coming up a small ramp to enter a mini shopping area which is a one way. Some asshole decides to go down the wrong direction ramp to save a couple seconds instead of taking the correct ramp to exit about 50 feet ahead. I swerved out the way, loss traction, and dropped the bike.

It was a minor drop but the first thing I seen was my right side mirror snap off. Damage is superficial so far as I know. Just a few scratches on the right fairing and the mirror snapping off. I was actually surprised at how little the damage was to the fairing.

Don't care about the fairing too much. I might replace that, but not anytime soon. I do need a right side mirror asap, and would like an OEM mirror. So far the only place I seen was Ebay. Does anyone know a good online shop?

Also, can anyone tell me what possible unseen damage to look for? Right after the drop and I gave it a 15 min look around, I had to ride back home 20 miles. Everything seems normal with the ride.
Once I got home I gave it another look around for about 30min to make sure nothing was bent, cracked or leaking. Couldn't find anything.

Here some pics, the way the mirror snapped off, a small part of me just wants to crazy glue it and hope for the best. :D

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the suggestions, but the only place I can find them are on Amazon which Kawasaki is selling. It's currently unavailable and they don't know when it will be available again.

·
Premium Member
2,888 Posts
Theres no glue that's gonna hold that.

Try ebay, Bikebandit.com denniskirk.com cheapcycleparts.com or look for a bike being parted here.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
A drop like that at low speed shouldn't cause any serious damage anywhere else to worry about...just the cosmetic stuff that you see...ebays usually the best bet for mirrors and if you don't mind the scratches too much just take a sharpie and color them in

·
Registered
629 Posts
You could try jb weld, or plastic weld it

·
Registered
3,609 Posts
Keep an eye on your rearset, the brake pedal usually breaks too in a drop. I dropped mine once and the brake pedal looked fine so I finished my ride and as I was applying pressure to it to come to a stop the fucker just broke off.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Keep an eye on your rearset, the brake pedal usually breaks too in a drop. I dropped mine once and the brake pedal looked fine so I finished my ride and as I was applying pressure to it to come to a stop the fucker just broke off.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App
I don't the rearset even touched. It was on a ramp and the front plastic is pretty fat. I will keep my eye on it though, thanks.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts