Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just took my 2008 zx6r apart for the first time to drop in a bmc and found what looked like an injector bar across the top of the intake box. every other bike ive ever worked on didnt have this so whats up with this one. i know it sounds like a noob question but gotta learn this one some how......

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
secondary bank of injectors. We have 8 total. The main 4 run all the time. Over 12K the secondary set also sprays. Did you guys even read the specs before buying your bikes, or did you just walk around the dealership saying look at the pretty colors i want that one? Ha ha just messing and giving everyone a hard time. Kinda like when i friend asked me to change the plugs on there car. I open the hood on a car that they had for 3 years seeing that they didn't know how to. Then they hand me 6 sparkplugs for a inline 4 cylinder engine.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i read the specs

i read into the specs no doubt about that its just that every other bike ive messed with has always put the secondary down underneath the airbox never on the cover so it just confused me but i really didnt have time to completely dig into it but thanks for answer so is there a reason why they would move it up there or just a new idea

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
never yanked open a cbr with 8 injectors then i'm guessing, not sure about the r6 and the gsxr but im pretty sure if they have 8 injectors the sevcondarys are ontop of the airbox firing downwards.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
never have messed with honda

well never touched honda but the guy that was there with me says his injector bars are both under the airbox and on my 07 gsxr 750 neither bar is on the box their both underneath

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.