Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm riding home in a sprinkle and not going fast, Im about 30 yards from the light when it starts changing, so I started to put on the brakes and my back end starts to slide a little, so I counter steer, then it tries to slide in the opposite so i counter again, it did it a third time but I couldn't control it and Boom, down I go. It wasn't bad, my jacket kept me from getting hurt. but my bike......it sucks to see your bike down and the clutch grip is twisted and broken off from it's braket, and my windscreen is taken off. I was instantly heated, I walked it to a gas station. the bike still had power, the lights weren't coming on and the neutral indicator light was not coming on either. there was nothing I could do, but be hard headed, so, I held the clutch in my hand and drove one handed home in the rain, talk about ironic. I did make it home. I'm so upset about the bike, but there's a spot down the way from me where I can find what I'm looking for. So there it is my first down in the rain.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
geez Jose tisk tisk tisk setting a bad example for all the 250 owners [:Lol] jk glad your ok but dont you know the rule if you lock up the rear keep it locked till u slow down a lot if you lock the rear and release it, it makes the wheel spin again (obviously) but when it gains traction and your bike is off to one side itll grab and automatically try to bring it straight throwing you off. just a lesson for you but when you become like me its fun to screw around in the rain backing it into turns and peeling out just by gassing it hard haha yes i seriously do that crap i need to stop haha. glad your okay

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah crap happens, I had a descent grip on it, it was just slippery and I lost it. oh well, there wasn't alot of damage. So I'm not freaking out completely. I'm sad that I can't ride it yet. oh wells patience....lol

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.