Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 115 Posts

·
Banned
1,899 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
What? 2 months/2,500 miles later and I had my first REAL crash, happened 2 days ago. I gotta admit it was fun though. But anyways, it was actually my fault for not paying attention, and not wearing jacket. I didn't wear the jacket because I wasn't going anywhere far but to fill my gas tank at a nearby Chevron gas station. I wasn't trying to pull Rossi shit at that time since I was wearing no jacket but just the gloves and the helmet. I was hooked on clutch less shifting, since they are much more fun...So anyways, I began to trail off my mind (Only because of earlier that day I was screwing around with the girl I liked a lot.:D) not paying attention to the dashboard..I thought I was going 60 mph, when it's actually 80 mph! It was in a remote farming area where it's full of grass and rocks. Those damn rocks came right up, and scared the shit out of me cause I didn't want to corner in those kind of conditions at that speed without my jacket. So I went for emergency crash, where I spotted plentiful of grass and headed for that way. Right before I dismounted, the dashboard said I was going 80 mph! I said "HOLY FUCKKKKK" and jumped off my bike. Guess who went farther?? That's right, I was way ahead of my bike. I could feel my body slammed into the grass, hurling me off in some super fast tumbling that felt violent, and when I stopped tumbling..I was still moving in speed of 30 mph on my back sliding down. When I finally stopped moving, I got up all rushed out (while i was sliding, I remembered not to try stand up because if I do, I would probably break my legs since I read a lot out of www.sportrider.com), and I said to myself. "Man that was fun!" but then I suddenly remembered my bike, and ran to it. And dragged the bike out of grass and parked it on side of road. Only because I didn't want anybody to see and freak out, end up calling 911. It was banged up, but nothing bad to the essentials, thank god. I rode it to gas station to fill the tank up, and went home with it. Yesterday I have been working on repairing the body which was actually easy, and a lot of fun...And it was one big learning lesson for me. Nothing serious to my body, just minor bruise and some itchin' from the grasses. :D

[[EDIT]] Be expected to see one hell of a custom 250R in a week or two. :D Color scheme is gonna be Lime Green/Black/White.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
i don't get why you had to "emergency crash" did you come up on some turns you weren't expecting or did you just get scared of going straight through the gravel??

and i'm not going to rip on you or anything but i just think you should know that this type of situation is why you should take rider training courses. they teach you techniques to avoid "emergency crashes"

·
Registered
350 Posts
your bike probably could have handled the gravel better than you think. you may have been able to save it if you hadnt ditched it.

·
The Indifference Engine
6,150 Posts
Wow, that sucks pretty hard.

Inexperience shows though...

·
Banned
1,899 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I know it sucks, but that's the price I paid for not wearing a jacket. I'm sure if I had my jacket on, I probably would had of try to corner...But I was scared that thick rock would throw me off by force...And it wasn't on gravel, it was on a pavement with bunch of rocks laying around.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
I know it sucks, but that's the price I paid for not wearing a jacket. I'm sure if I had my jacket on, I probably would had of try to corner...But I was scared that thick rock would throw me off by force...And it wasn't on gravel, it was on a pavement with bunch of rocks laying around.
did you even try to stop?? these bikes can go from 80 mph to zero pretty damn fast.

·
Premium Member
41,542 Posts
Buying gear and not wearing it is more stupid than not buying gear in the first place.

·
Where is hoser??
17,340 Posts
Glad you are okay. Be safe out there.

--David

·
Banned
1,899 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Buying gear and not wearing it is more stupid than not buying gear in the first place.
:Laughing rolling:Yup that is so true. Now on, that I'm gonna always wear my gear no matter what. Cause without the jacket, it hinders me a lot.

Thanks everyone for their concerns.

·
Registered
3,112 Posts
For the haters, you fags can jack off and orgasm over this story. I don't give a fuck what you pissants think cause I'm gonna still pull some more Rossi shit when I'm done putting the fairings back on. And oh yea, one dickwad said I'll crash in a month, but actually its within a week! :rolleyes:

[[EDIT]] Be expected to see one hell of a custom 250R in a week or two. :D Color scheme is gonna be Lime Green/Black/White.
omg lmao! You're a real head case! If you're for real I'd have to say one of the most quintessential squids ever on this forum. Please keep is updated and keep the stories coming. Good entertainment!

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
:plusone: I have gone through gravel before and made it lol... You just got to SLOW DOWN on the street and ride through the gravel, you will make it.

You need a track day!!! NOW!
+1 to making it through gravel. i was on some back roads on sat. some really nice twisty roads but every good turn had gravel in the corner so i was forced to run a bit wide basically to where the outside tire of a car would have been. i def went through a ton of pretty big rocks mixed in with the gravel and i only slid once. the difference is that i held my line and looked where i wanted to go so once the slide stopped (it was very quick) i was able to keep moving forward down the road.

if i had been in this same situation 6 months ago i may have gone down and been way worse than you but i've taking the initiative to learn from people that know what they are talking about and used all that i have learned about controlling the bike as well as the mentality of riding. all i'm saying is if you already did the beginner MSF course sign up for an experienced rider one or some equivalent. do it before you get hurt man or the next going down post you make might be way worse.

oh yeah SLOW YOUR ASS DOWN!!!! that might have helped to avoid this situation as well.

·
Banned
1,899 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
omg lmao! You're a real head case! If you're for real I'd have to say one of the most quintessential squids ever on this forum. Please keep is updated and keep the stories coming. Good entertainment!
Sure, no problem! ;)

Them squidly stories will be coming....in a month or two!

·
The Indifference Engine
6,150 Posts

See... personally if I wasn't wearing a jacket I would be more inclined to TRY to take the corner. I'll take the "I might crash" OVER the "I'm crashing" every time. Of course I also make sure I'm doing a speed that's appropriate for the conditions.

Reactions: Tristan
1 - 20 of 115 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.