Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went riding to the mountains today with some friends. We had been riding for awile in some good twistys. I was the lead rider, as I went into a sharp left curve, I hit the rear brakes (I have always avoided using them in curves) But today for some reason I hit them as I entered the curve and the back of the bike came out from under me. The only thing I remember was spinning through the air like superman. To make a long story short, both of the guys riding with me crashed also as they were following too close and was trying to avoid running over me. Needless to say my bike sustained heavy damage and my friends bikes both were torn up badly. Luckly we all walked away with only minor cuts and bruises. And to add to our pain, Trooper gave us all tickets....Anyone got any yellow 01 parts [xx(]

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
Damn!!! sorry to hear!

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
sucks bad...but learn from it...single file next time with plenty of room between.
trooper give you a ticket for what?
good to hear you guys are ok

·
Registered
363 Posts
That sucks, F that trooper! doesnt he know how much its gonna cost you just to fix your bikes ! A hole!
I was up on Mt. Palomar and mesa grand road here in San Diego and I saw two down riders today. Ride carefull save the goods for the track.

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
i have a tail will fit it, but its not yellow. check the classifieds forum.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Good to hear that your not in the hospital. I've got a stock windscreen that is in very good condition if you need it.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Glad to hear your ok. Why did the moron(cop) ticket you?

·
Registered
3,119 Posts
Sorry to hear about your wreck. Glad to see you were able to walk away from it though. I'm with everyone else, what did you get ticketed for?

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
This is what my ticket reads: Operating at a speed greater than was reasonable and prudent under the then existing conditions of curve in roadway. The FD that responded says he is a dick. I hope I can get this thrown out of court because he didn't know how fast I was going. Anyway, I have pics of the bike now but not sure how to download them to this post.

·
Registered
287 Posts
sorry to hear that. where were you riding? we were up around meadows of dan and indian valley around noon. we rarely see state troopers.

·
Registered
3,106 Posts
Ouch![xx(] Well, at least it didn't lay over on the other side. That’s a small positive. It does really sound as though that cop is a dick. He doesn't have authority to make a legal judgment on how fast he 'thinks' you were going. Besides, you lost it because you hit the rear brake, not because you were going too fast for the conditions presented by the curve. I am one to usually give cops the benefit of the doubt, but in this case the cop is a nimrod.

Glad that you and your friends are ok, but sorry to hear of your misfortune.[V]

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.