Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not the whole bike... just low enough for my knee! I got it down! Not bad for a total of about 8 months worth of riding experience.

I took the 7th street onramp to the QEW at about 120 kph... it scared the crap out of me when I heard the grind, I thought it was my peg. I pulled my leg back in when I felt it, then I realized what it was, so I just stuck it back out there and finished the corner screaming to myself! Cornering like that is so much easier than just riding it without the knee...

[:M6][:M98]

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah... I got a deal on a sweet Spyke suit. It passed the cornering test... still a little stiff, but good!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Grats Mike nice to see you excell on that ramp .. now we gotta get oyu going on the parkway .. good shit though .. I can't get my knee down yet either ..working on it though .. I just bought a suit so that is gonna happen now for me aswell .. good shit though ..

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Practise makes perfect... just find some fun curvy roads, and ride 'em. Alot. You'll learn the layout, and start to get quicker as time goes by. Eventually, you'll corner low enough to drag your knee.

Don't concentrate on getting your knee down though.. it won't work. I spent the rest of the day trying to ride my rims off! Just practise being smooth and steady, you'll be there before you know it!

This ramp that I took is one that I take EVERYDAY on the way to work... sort of ironic that I'm awarded with getting my knee down on it on a weekend!

·
Premium Member
2,387 Posts
I put a knee down today also and prayed to god that my freakin rear tire arrive soon! I've been out since I got a damn screw in it a couple of days ago.

Good stuff Boyracer!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.