Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:( Since winter is coming up, bike season ending; I decided to get a little fun riding with some friends before I have to storage it. I was making a hard right turn with knees 1 inch from the ground. Everything was handling perfectly fine, then all of the sudden I realize I am in the air flying and spinning. My bike is slides 50 feet across the street and I finally get up. Cussing at myself and the bike while I was trying to figure what just happenend. I notice I went over an uneven pavement, which created my bike to fall. I will post pictures soon, but it doesn't look to good. Good thing I was wearing leather and I only ended up having minor road rashes. I am such a squid, i should've taken it on the track or atleast a well familar road. I need new right side fairings and brake lever! Anybody know where i can found those for cheap? Thanks.

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
If you were a squid, you wouldn't have had any gear on!:D Glad to hear you got up and everything seems to be on the minor side. Look at it this way, you now have a winter project;). Check ebay for parts. There is alot of parts on there. Good luck!

·
Premium Member
11,912 Posts
Sorry to hear that, I know the feeling. Look at the bright side, you walked away and you are able to ride another day, the bike can definitely be fixed. e-bay is your best source unless you are willing to pay full price. BTW, how could those it get in Placentia, I just can't picture storing my bike in California. I used to live near Fresno and it got cold and foggy in the winter and I always rode. Just curious...

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
you're not a squid..lots of people hit the pavement. you, unlike squids, had full gear on. no worries man...you'll be riding in no time

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
That's a hellofa name for a town. It could have been worse I guess they could have called it afterbirth. You probably won't find a front brake lever on eBay but there is plastic there all the time. Stick to OEM for clutch and brake levers. The quality on the aftermarket ones suck. The OEM ones usually bend in a crash, the aftermarket ones just break off.

You can get OEM stuff fairly cheap from ronayers.com.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Sorry to hear about you going down brotha. I went down too, last Sept.low side, canyon run. i was too inexperienced riding with faster riders. The bike can ALWAYS be fixed. Good to hear you had your leathers on. Peace.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Placentia is within Orange County, close to Brea, Yorba Linda and Fullerton. The weather doesn't get extremely cold, it is considered to be bearable. Anybody know any other places to look for besides www.ronayers.com? They dont carry 2003! I've also tried ebay already.

·
Registered
650 Posts
I have to disagree about buying an OEM brake lever over an aftermarket one...although the aftermarket ones break with a fall you can replace it like 9 times for the price of ONE OEM lever....OEM is roughly $65 for a brake lever and about $6.99 for an emgo lever....just a thought....I replace them ALL the time for customers and haven't had any complaints....same with mirrors...OEM ones are like $85 and aftermarket are liek $40 for the set....its crazy!!!!

·
Registered
3,106 Posts
I would have to agree with Ash. Whether they bend or break, it doesn’t really matter because they are broken either way. Besides, not only is the aftermarket stuff cheaper than OEM, but also you can even get some trick aftermarket stuff cheaper than OEM.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.