Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went down on my baby the other day...... mostly cosmetic damage but it runs fine except....... Either my left handlebar is bent or it just got slid down and when i am shifting up it is fine but when I want to put it in NEUTRAL its so hard to push down into"N"....... anybody have any idea on what it could be? i looked at it and the pedal isnt bent or anything? any idea's????

·
Registered
41 Posts
I don't get what your handle bar has to do with it, unless the clutch cable got pulled or crimped and is keeping you from engaging the clutch fully. If it won't shift into N, maybe the linkage or shift shaft got bent a little, or you tweaked a shift fork inside. Is there evidence of any contact on the shift lever?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was only stating that the Handlebar is ALSO bent, I think.. i think it might not be bent and it has just moved a little...... but yea the main concern is the bike going into neutral.... i really gotta push down hard to get it there.......... but no, there is no evidence of contact at all

·
Registered
4,279 Posts
what side did you go down on? i take it was your left?

sounds like mabe a bent shift lever or somthing along those lines. does it skip through neutral and in to first easily enough? mabe your just having a hard time hitting neutral.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.