Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hope im not losing interest. but i hadnt taken it out in about 2 weeks until today when i went for a short ride around the block (havent even been reading or posting here much). i have a little 4 banger now that i drive all the time. much better than using the bike to commute every single day. i have to say it was more fun today than when i used to commute on it. since i got my first bike and gas started going up, i have ridden nonstop. putting close to 30k miles on my 04 and 6k on the 05 (currently 12k). i kinda understand now why some people choose to only ride on weekends, or on trackdays. its nice not having to deal with stupid cagers and other hazards on the street. its also nice keeping the mileage down. especially for me seeing as i need a new tire, possibly valve check and TB synch soon. but more importantly u tend to appreciate it and have a lot more fun when u get on it after a long time. at least thats how it was for me today.

anywayz, today the bike felt noisier and rougher. is that normal to feel after u havent ridden in a while? i know i need to clean and lube my chain seeing as it started making noise on the way back from my long ride. another reason why the bike's been out of action. and since its FL and the roads are crappy, it doesnt motivate me to go out.

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
I havent ridden for 6 months. That will change on Monday. Can't wait! :D

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
cant help but check the "joined" date under everyone's name these days. very few from my year or the years before actually post. i feel like an old timer :D

·
Registered
181 Posts
yea ..jus make sure u do the usual maintinance and stuff and the bike ol be fine..i did that a couple time..not ride for certaint amounts of time and it fealt ruffer or weard..but it goes away. no worrys:D

·
Premium Member
10,463 Posts
Damn baggin on the old timers, well here you go [:M21]
Just playing..

But seriously i am deployed off and on ALOT, so i get big breaks from riding and when i get back its all new again..Big excitement for sure.

The thing i do hate is, that it is taking longer and longer to get my ridig skills back up to where they were before riding..
Mentally at least.

Anyone up for Portland International track day on 25 Sept?

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
Same here I dont ride everyday, I do not like riding on the streets. It is so boring compared to the track. I do not even like riding the canyons it is too dangerous.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Originally posted by ninjakid04636
i have to say it was more fun today than when i used to commute on it.
Yeah, these bikes aren't that fun as commuters. My wife is a weekend rider on her EX250 so usually if I'm looking to take a bike to work I'll just ride hers. More comfortable, 65 mpg and keeps me from getting pulled over. Unless somebody comes out with some direct competition to the gsxr750 I'll be keeping my bike but wouldn't mind buying something else as a daily commuter. My friend's Monster 620 is really comfortable...

·
Registered
552 Posts
The more time I spend on the track the less I want to ride on the street. Last weekend I was at Road America then went to the twisties the next day and didn't like it much. I was a worried wreck just wishing I was at Road A again. Now riding on the street is more about spending time with friends than trying to carve corners.

·
Get off of my lawn Dammit
44,699 Posts
Originally posted by bittersweetryan
The more time I spend on the track the less I want to ride on the street. Last weekend I was at Road America then went to the twisties the next day and didn't like it much. I was a worried wreck just wishing I was at Road A again. Now riding on the street is more about spending time with friends than trying to carve corners.
+1 on that ^^^^. It's been almost 3 weeks since my last track day and I've had the bike out only once. I took it out cuz I finally did the jumper mod and I also changed the shift pattern to GP. Works great so I will be getting out this weekend to get the new shifting to where it's automatic and I don't have to keep reminding myself. :D

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
No need to feel old... As for the bike, you can cut a lot of the costs buy learning to do your own maintenance, and it also becomes a great hobby.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Originally posted by jdgun_13
Damn baggin on the old timers, well here you go [:M21]
Just playing..

But seriously i am deployed off and on ALOT, so i get big breaks from riding and when i get back its all new again..Big excitement for sure.

The thing i do hate is, that it is taking longer and longer to get my ridig skills back up to where they were before riding..
Mentally at least.

Anyone up for Portland International track day on 25 Sept?
lol[:++1] on the newb shooten hahahaha[:M68]...i havent cracked a reall smile in a long ass time!!

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
LOL thanks for making this old timer feel better :D. sometimes i consider selling it, but after yesterday i realized i can still have fun on it. too much of everything gets old real quick. and now with my little slow-as-shit-but-fun-to-drive 4 banger, i worry less about cagers making me wreck, or getting generous with the throttle and adding even more points to my license.

·
Registered
810 Posts
Sometimes I dont ride for 6-7 days at a time, and it feels scary as hell for about 25 minutes. Dont know if anyone else gets like that, but by the time I come home that night i'm like batman on that thing....fucking vooming around on rails. Lol [|)]

·
Registered
312 Posts
Originally posted by ninjakid04636
LOL thanks for making this old timer feel better :D. sometimes i consider selling it, but after yesterday i realized i can still have fun on it. too much of everything gets old real quick. and now with my little slow-as-shit-but-fun-to-drive 4 banger, i worry less about cagers making me wreck, or getting generous with the throttle and adding even more points to my license.

hey man! Jacksonville, here!

I ride my bike EVERY DAY (it's my dailt driver) and i LOVE IT! I drove my moms car because it was gonna rain (And it did) and i HATED IT. It was so big, so slow, and so ugly...i wanted someone to shoot me lol (not really) Not to mention it gets like 12 miles a gallon, and i work 40 miles away...cars suck.

I couldnt imagine going from a bike to a hummer H2 (straight up 9 mpg) Dude, i can tell you right now i'd be paying more for gas than i would the car

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
haha. yea when i started riding i was the same way. but like i said, too much of it and it takes the fun away, for me anyways. it became a form of transportation instead of a source of freedom and joy. commuting for me in a car is just way more convenient now (it gets slightly less gas mileage than the bike :D)

·
Registered
47 Posts
Ya, after a trip though northern usa, i didn't ride for maybe 10 days. got on it and felt like I was a 'noob' for about the first 20 minutes. Kinda wierd how that works really.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.