Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Got lime? I do
16,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
if any of you saw me post about getting pulled doing 122mph in a 55 zone. the cop dropped it to 80 in a 55 on the spot. well i went to court yesterday and a long story short. the cop say i'll leave this one up to you judge. judge see's i was doing 122 in the report and after shaking his head a bit, he dropped it to 64 in a 55. 2 points and $76. yes i am very lucky, but i felt bad for the officer cause he was doing his job and i got slapped on the wrist. really not fair to him. any body else got lucky stories like that?

·
DEATH TO THE ISA!!!
10,796 Posts
yea ive got a lucky story...

got pulled over doing 110 in a 45 zone and i got away with a verbal warning :D:D

·
Registered
452 Posts
ive only been to court once. The officer "eyeballed" me going about 100 so he wrote me up for speeding in excess of 100mph at 102mph. Didnt radar me, didnt pace me. when i was questioning the officer i kept poking holes in his story, he even admitted to the judge that i could have been going under 100 but then the officer started making stuff up telling the judge that i tried running from him in the shoulder of the freeway passing traffic which was total bull cause i pulled right over once i saw him behind me. but of course that pissed the judge off and he gave me the max of everything. $781, 5 days to pay the fine, 31 day suspension of my license and 2 points. Beautiful thing is, i was only doing like 85 in the carpool lane with the flow of traffic.

·
Got lime? I do
16,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Originally posted by lgm118icbm
ive only been to court once. The officer "eyeballed" me going about 100 so he wrote me up for speeding in excess of 100mph at 102mph. Didnt radar me, didnt pace me. when i was questioning the officer i kept poking holes in his story, he even admitted to the judge that i could have been going under 100 but then the officer started making stuff up telling the judge that i tried running from him in the shoulder of the freeway passing traffic which was total bull cause i pulled right over once i saw him behind me. but of course that pissed the judge off and he gave me the max of everything. $781, 5 days to pay the fine, 31 day suspension of my license and 2 points. Beautiful thing is, i was only doing like 85 in the carpool lane with the flow of traffic.
man that would call for some type of retaliation there.

·
Registered
2002 ZX6R
26,947 Posts
I was playing racer boy on an entrance ramp (interstate to divided 4 lane highway marked 65 mph) I came up the entrance at 90mph saw no traffic in front of me so I ripped the throttle open saw 150 on the speedo decided to get off at the next exit which is the road that leads to my place. While I'm waiting at the intersection for some girl in front of me to turn a state trooper catches up and has his lights on, though I don't notice him right away. I pull out onto the road and hear a blip of the siren, turn and look and pull over immediately. I'm off the bike, helmet on the tank, key in the side opening the back seat before he even made it to the bike. I mutter "that was stupid" and hand him my information. He asks me how fast I was going to which I replied "at that speed its not safe to take my eyes off the road to look at the speedometer sir" He said he was doing 120 and I was pulling away quickly so I say "yeah I wasn't going much faster than that" He writes me for 120 in a 65, I shake his hand and tell him to be safe and have a nice day. In court I greeted the officer again with a friendly handshake asked him how his day was going. When the judge asked how I plead I asked for leniency. Then he asked what my nametag said...I'm a county government employee and hadn't taken off my ID badge yet. Okay, so I never wear this badge any other time and purposely wore it so the magistrate would see it.;) He asked what I do for the county I told him I'm an accountant and one of the things I handle is the county's payroll. (so all you people that get PO'ed at a cop and say you pay his salary....I actually can say that to the deputies)
He said it was the trooper's decision as to what to give me, he lowered it to a 70 in a 65 which is 1 point and $120. That point came off my license back in June so I'm clean again.:D
I haven't been that stupid since.

·
Registered
3,112 Posts
Way back when I was 22, got pulled over on my old FZ600 and was drunk. The cop pulled me over for speeding 55 in a 35, then when he smelled alcohol on me, started lighting me up with the full-on lecture. All I said in response was either yes sir or no sir. They didn't have the breathelizers on-hand back then, or I would have blown at least a .15. He kept threatening to take me to jail, but finally lightened up a little when I told him I had just split with my girlfriend. He then said "I hope you make alive...get the fuck out of here before I change my mind". Never got that lucky again.

·
Registered
5,642 Posts
I've had a lot of bad luck, but I'll admit that I had a string of good luck for a while when I was younger and that was the perfect chance to straighten up and take advantage of an opportunity to STAY OUT OF TROUBLE. Unfortunately for me, warnings didn't do the trick. I had to spend a weekend in jail to learn my lesson!

·
Neutered
2006 MV Agusta F4 1000S
8,894 Posts
Well...I got lucky. I was going pretty fast, maybe 130-160ish on the interstate over a huge bridge between Tampa and St. Pete...then whenever I'd come up to traffic, I'd slow down to just a little faster than them, make my way through traffic, then speed up again once I got in front of them (was on my way to the Indy of St. Pete, so I was a little pumped, and was already running late)...anyway, I get off at an exit to get gas and make sure I was planning on getting off at the right exit further down the interstate, and a cop comes flying up behind me and blips his siren, so I pull over at a gas station about a block down and get off the bike, shut it down, take off my gear, etc...figured I was fucked. Well aparently he had been chasing me for like 10 minutes or something, and he thought I was running. I told him I had no idea he was there, etc., and I think that just irritated him more, thinking that I was leaving him behind and I didn't even know I was being chased...so after threatening to take me to jail for running, then threatening to impound my bike for excessive speed, then threatening to take me to jail and impound my bike when he found out I don't have insurance on the bike, I informed him that in Florida you don't need insurance if the motorcycle doesn't have a bank lein on it. He goes off on me calling bullshit, saying he took the MSF course and they never said anything like that to him, and it's rediculous to even THINK that that was true, and he was telling me how stupid I was to try that on him, and stuff...so I just said, "Listen, that's what I've been told a whole bunch of times by a whole bunch of different organizations and people and officials. That's all I can say about that. If I'm wrong, then they're all wrong too, but I'm not going to argue it. I'm either wrong or right, and I've told you everything I know about it." So he calls it in to Dispatch "just to make me happy", and is promptly told that he's an asshole and I'm right (not in so many words, but dispatch definately corrected him). So then he gives me a twenty minute lecture on how I was right, but it would be the responsible thing to get insurance on my bike anyway. Meanwhile four more officers in three cars with one canine also showed up, so I'm a little nervous...the cop writes me a reckless driving citation. At the court date, the Judge dropped it to $95 plus court costs and a drivers improvement course, no points, no citation, no infraction. Weird. Definately lucked out there.

·
Registered
605 Posts
I hope I get lucky in 2 weeks. I was on my way home from riding some twisties when girl who pulls out in front of me then motions for me to do a wheelie. I decided to just blow by her not realizing I was still in a 45. As I switch lanes now in front of her and speedo reading 88 I notice the po po on the left shoulder of the road.. I close the throttle and drop speed fast (i was only in 2nd gear) anyway for a split second I think of out running him then I decide not to, so I turned around to go back to him... He said he clocked me at 66, I told him that sounded about right and thanked him. He complimented my bike and said be careful. Court is the 23rd I'll keep you posted

·
Registered
5,642 Posts
Originally posted by NinjaMike
I hope I get lucky in 2 weeks. I was on my way home from riding some twisties when girl who pulls out in front of me then motions for me to do a wheelie. I decided to just blow by her not realizing I was still in a 45. As I switch lanes now in front of her and speedo reading 88 I notice the po po on the left shoulder of the road.. I close the throttle and drop speed fast (i was only in 2nd gear) anyway for a split second I think of out running him then I decide not to, so I turned around to go back to him... He said he clocked me at 66, I told him that sounded about right and thanked him. He complimented my bike and said be careful. Court is the 23rd I'll keep you posted
WTF?

·
Registered
605 Posts
Actually I was looking for a good spot to pull off the only one was on the other side of the road so I took it. It was merely a u turn to get to the spot. I only had time to get off the bike and get my helmet off as the officer pulled up.. I know a lot of guys will flame for doing this, but where I was is a place that I plan on going back to a lot and I don't need any trouble. Also, the road I was on was the only road I know back to my place so taking back roads and losing him wasn't an option a radio would have easily had 2-3 state troopers up the road waiting for me.. So I just take it..... this time;)

·
Neutered
2006 MV Agusta F4 1000S
8,894 Posts
Yeah, I don't understand something, either...I get that you pulled over, and that's fine...it's the responsible thing...but you have a court date for going 66 in a 45? That just seems a little overkill, on the government's part.

·
Got lime? I do
16,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Originally posted by dragknt
Yeah, I don't understand something, either...I get that you pulled over, and that's fine...it's the responsible thing...but you have a court date for going 66 in a 45? That just seems a little overkill, on the government's part.
66 in a 45 is 4 points and 180$ here in sc so yea thats a court date big time. go to court and if you wasn't an asshole at the time of ticket then they'll drop it to a less than 10 over @ 2 points and 76.50$.

the cop that got me followed me home lol, he knows where i live and who i am. i asked him if he thought i was running, he said no i knew where you were going. it was raining with reports of large hail and i was trying to get home about 3 miles away. there was nowhere to take shelter on the way.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I got pulled over last month doing 65 in a 45. After getting my license and registration the CHP officer walked back to his car, and I though I was getting a ticket for sure. He came back and said he cut me a break and just wrote me up for no license plate. Just out of curiosity, he wrote a warning on the citation for doing 65 in a 45 so is that something that will stay on their system for the next time I get pulled over?

·
Got lime? I do
16,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
no, the warnings are just that. next time u get pulled the officer won't know about it unless it's the same popo and he remembers u.

·
Neutered
2006 MV Agusta F4 1000S
8,894 Posts
Originally posted by warbuk

66 in a 45 is 4 points and 180$ here in sc so yea thats a court date big time. go to court and if you wasn't an asshole at the time of ticket then they'll drop it to a less than 10 over @ 2 points and 76.50$.

the cop that got me followed me home lol, he knows where i live and who i am. i asked him if he thought i was running, he said no i knew where you were going. it was raining with reports of large hail and i was trying to get home about 3 miles away. there was nowhere to take shelter on the way.
Well in FL the ticket itself is way more than $180 for 20+ mph over...I think it's closer to $240, but they just write you the ticket and send you on your way, and it only becomes a court issue if you choose to dispute the ticket. The only reason you go to court is for a civil infraction, such as a license violation (i.e. restriction violation, like driving without eyeglasses if you're restricted in your license, etc., all the way to driving with a revoked license for blantant repeat DUI's), and civil moving violations like reckless driving and such.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Here a ticket almost always means court... In my 14 years of driving I have had to go to court for EVERY ticket

·
Got lime? I do
16,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
if a ticket is 2 points, i'll just mail the fine in and not go to court because it wont be reduced lower than that. but if it's 4 points and whatever $$$ then i'll go to court cause it's a 99% chance it will be reduced. a couple hours in traffic court is worth it to me. just go in and plead guilty and the judge will reduce it some. i've never went in to plead not guilty tho.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.