Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now i see why the ducati 999s runs $22k. It seems very well built compared to my 03 zx6r. Its like comparing a ferrari to a corvette. They are both fast and nice, but one just FEELS expensive..... overall i wasnt impressed much by the bike, except for the little pop rivets that hold the fairings on. They have tabs and you can use your fingers to take the fairings off, no tools needed. I Thought that was pretty sweet.

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
a friend of mine has the 998, and he said those pop tabs can come out easily if you dont really make sure they're on there tight, and they're like $7 each to replace.

just my opinion, but i think the 999 is one ugly bike. they lost so much when they changed it. theres only one word for the 998/748..................dead sexy [:M120]

·
Registered
316 Posts
I prefer the 996/916, They are both sweet as hell. Ducati is the pinnacle of italian performance. There is no arguing that. However, for the price, I would much rather have 2 or three Kawi's, or better yet, one fully set up race ready zx 10. It would still be cheaper to maintenance than the duck, and just as fast.

·
Registered
239 Posts
i would be worried that they are too easy to remove

it would suck if someone decided to steal those easy to remove fairings while the bike was parked somewhere...

·
Registered
3,119 Posts
I'm looking to pick up a leftover 748 through the dealership I'm helping open up here in Las Vegas. I think the 916/996/998/748 model line is just plain dead sexy. I explained it like this, the old style would still be gorgeous if they sold it another ten years whereas the new style will be forgotton (or remembered as the worst change done to a bike over a single model year). I don't like the look or the feel of the 999 to be honest. The only good thing I can say about it is at least it's not the Multistrada. Now THAT'S a hideous bike.

·
Registered
3,119 Posts
Originally posted by Grunt_99

The multistrada is just wrong! Can you ride a bike with a bag over it?
You may want to wear a radiation suit too after you put the bag on. I'ts better to be safe than to end up with a debilitating disease.

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
Originally posted by mdsuave13

Now i see why the ducati 999s runs $22k. It seems very well built compared to my 03 zx6r. Its like comparing a ferrari to a corvette. They are both fast and nice, but one just FEELS expensive.....
... except Ferraris look GOOD. That 999 / 749 looks like it got beaten SOUNDLY with the ugly stick. Ugh...

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
Go ride one and see what you think about how the new bikes look. If you manage to lose the front end on a Ducati - ISSUES! John up here at Classic Cycle in Michigan practically threw the keys at myself and some others to take a 999 for a ride. Good fun indeed!

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
Ducs are great, but unless you can do all the maintenence yourself, it will kill you...

and I still dont think they are as reliable compared to the big four....

and the 999 looks sooo much better in person!!!!

If I was rich, I'd have one...

·
Registered
165 Posts
Personally, I prefer MV Agusta to Ducati. The F4-S is waaay more exotic and sexier than the 999 IMO! My Wife wants my next bike to be a Hayabusa, but I'm hoping to be able to get this instead!

/forum/uploads/striker/f4sb_1.jpg

·
Registered
165 Posts
Check out that rear end! Are those quad exaust tips sick or what!?!

/forum/uploads/striker/f4sb_4.jpg

·
Registered
124 Posts
Originally posted by Marine

yeah i don't much like the ducati bikes at all. I really don't understand why they cost 22k.
There's an article in the July 16 issue of Cycle news interviewing Federico Minoli of Ducati. It addresses the cost issue. He basically stated the quality of the bikes along with their racing heritage brings a premium price.

It was an interesting article overall. Price an Italian kart motor and you get very high quality at a high price! It seems that the Italians are proud of their workmanship!

·
Registered
3,119 Posts
I'm with STRIKER! The MV Agusta just oozes sex. We're currently talking with MV about becoming a dealer for them here in Las Vegas. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for it. Nothing like a sweet bike like that with a hefty discount ;). The other bike I absolutely love is the Benelli Tornado. MMMmmmmmmmm..........

·
Registered
165 Posts
OH YEAH KEN!!! The Benelli Tornado is the BOMB!!!! Love those fans at the rear that help pull heat from the engine - not THAT'S exotic.

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
do they make the benelli tornado? i thought they made it then stopped and now they might make it again or something. and where can you buy an MV augusta and for how much? just curious; i can barely afford my ninja.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.