Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,948 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Hi, my brother just dropped this off and asked me to try and fix it. He has no paperwork. Can anyone help me identify the model and year? Thankyou. It’s in ugly shape but only has 920 miles on the odometer....Jim
First off, once you've identified the model, find a service manual for it. It's going to make things so much easier. If you can't, then you might be stuck with a generic service manual and trying to track somebody down that knows about this model.

Which parts are you looking for? For paper gaskets, you can get sheets of gasket paper that you can cut to size. I've personally had luck with Permetex gasket maker. Just make sure you get the correct one, it's not one product for the whole bike, some are formulated to withstand different fluids.

Most of the hoses can be replaced with whatever you like, provided they are the right size. Nything that's in the path of the fuel, you'll likely want to splurge on nitrile as that's going to be more resistant to being destroyed by ethanol.

For the carbs, you should look at K&L as they have a number of aftermarket rebuild kits and parts available for older motorcycles. In a pinch, you might even be able to swap them out for something more recent, but I'd caution against doing that if you don't know what you're doing as it can be rather complicated to figure out if the replacement is going to function correctly.

And while we're at it, do yourself a favor and use t-bolt hose clamps wherever possible. They're much easier to work with than the spring type and they're much less likely to damage a hose than the worm gear style. This is especially important if you're doing a rebuild and may have to install and reinstall hoses.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Thankyou for being so nice as to reply and give me advice. I can use it.
People around here generally are. That being said, the better and more complete the information we're provided is, the better and more helpful the responses tend to be. Collectively, there's a ton of experience on the forum.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts