Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just came back from riding a ZX-6, love the speed but hate the seating position.

Which brings me to my question...

What 600cc bike has the most comfortable seating position???

·
Steve Mcqueen Wannabe!
36,924 Posts
Different bike for different people.Depends on you size, arm length etc.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i have ridden an f4i and its very comfortable but feels wired after a super sport.
I guess I meant, between the GSX-R, R6, CBR... which is the most comfortable (least leaning). :p

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
I think the GSXR or ZX6R are more comfy than the R6 (which felt like sitting on a cement block to me). I haven't sat on one of the new gen CBR600RRs. If you want my opinion though, get the 6R and then Helibars for it. They make the nominal seating position much more upright, they totally rock.

·
Registered
228 Posts
My bike(05 636) is my daily rider and I find it to be very comfortable. Like previously said, different bikes for different people. The 636 is a super sport unlike a 250 which doesn't have the same ergonomics. Every bike will be different. just try as many bikes as you can before you decide so that you are comfortable with your choice.

*You can never go wrong with a KAWI.

·
Registered
182 Posts
most people i talk to say the zx6r 05-06 is a little more comfortable than other ss bikes. But it really is all personal preference whatever you feel good on and sometimes a little comprimise comfort to performance.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I've rode my friends' 6R, R6, and a CBR and I'll have to say the ergo on the CBR is much more comfortable than the rest. I felt really tucked in the CBR whereas the 6R just seem to make my legs flare out a little too much. As for the R6, I felt like I couldn't ride for more than 5mins without having extreme back problems.

·
DEATH TO THE ISA!!!
10,796 Posts
I've ridden a 636 and a Gixxer 600....no noticeable difference between the two.

In general, from what I've heard, Japanese bikes have better ergos than Italian. But within the Japanese 600 class, I think they are very similar.

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
Don't forget about the ZZR600.:)
:plusone: on the ZZR-600. Very roomy. And I don't know what kind of power-monger you are, Warbuk, but the Yamaha FZ6 has a hell of a lot of power in it's slightly de-tuned R6 engine, plus an extremely comfortable cockpit. You must like to go really really fast! :D

·
Registered
775 Posts
As far as the current crop of SS 600's? CBR600RR by far. Hell mine is more comfy than my 1000RR. But the 250's got em all beat on comfort.

·
Veteran Lowsider
20,840 Posts
Just do core workouts and you will be able to have comfortable rides no matter the riding positions.

·
Registered
293 Posts
To me, in order of most comfortable to least: 06+ GSXR, 05 ZX6R, 08 CBR, 08 ZX6R, 08 R6. The R6 was the least comfy for street riding, but must be sweet at the track.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
from current lineup i think cbr is most comfy, they specially worked on the seating position when introduced in 07 to be more street friendly.
05-06 zx6r is very comfy for street, 07-08 close to it but not the same level.
r6S is comfy, r6 is not ;p

·
Registered
2002 ZX6R
26,947 Posts
ZZR600. Back in '02 when it was called the ZX6R Motorcyclist magazine referred to it as a 10 second couch. It has all day ergos and more than enough power for any kind of street riding.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts