Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

What a difference...

1K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  sansfenders 
#1 ·
So I lowered the ZR .5 inches with lowering links, and it was still mucho tall. So, I adjusted the rear spring so it wasn't set up for someone weighing 5000 lbs. It lowered the rear, and softened up the suspension tremendously as well. Now it's much more comfortable, height wise and ride wise.

Why don't these things come with spanners though? What a PITA to back off the adjusting collar.

#4 ·
its all been said. you should get some monkey bars to go along with that nice cruiser you've made for yourself.

i can't say it enough. a proper suspension MAKES A WORLD OF DIFFERENCE! if you were looking for a "comfortable" bike with a soft suspension, a supersport was the WRONG direction, my friend.

#7 ·
what are you talking about? we just told him how the changes he made to his zx6r would affect, adversely, his handling. both in the turns as well as in a straight line. we aren't ridiculing him, or saying anything that isn't the truth. calm down.

the way he rides has nothing to do with how his bike will handle based on the suspension changes he made. those are objective results from a change he made in the way the bike and the chassis are setup.

#6 ·
Dude...you should have just bought a cruiser. The height issue and comfort ride is obviously bugging you way too much. There's nothing wrong with riding a cruiser, it's not a ego thing even though most people use bikes that way...sad...but anyways, I'd like a cruiser sometimes. It'd be nice to relax once in awhile!

#9 ·
Umm, thanks for the input... I think.

Essentially the rear pre-load is set up for someone who weighs 150 lbs... like myself. I adjusted compression and rebound damping in the front for a 150 lb rider...like myself. I set the high and low speed damping to mid settings.

The front will be lowered .5" as soon as I get to it.

Overall, the suspension is set up as well as it could be set up by myself (without enlisting a professional), which is 10 million times better for me than the dealer set up was.

Keep in mind I do not ride on a track, I do not push the bike to even 50% of it's capability yet, and I am not a professional rider and wouldn't even notice the cunt hair splitting some of you are spouting off about.

I simply made an adjustment to the bike that had an unexpected benefit of lowering it a bit more and as a result, I'm more comfortable on it.

If I wanted a chopper/cuiser I would have gotten one. I don't. So I bought me a nice supersport, set it up properly for my weight and riding style.

And the pathetic attempts at ridicule, while regurgitating shit you simply read somewhere else, yet have probably never put to actual use, make some of you guys seem like complete toolboxes and forum snobs.

#12 ·
^ No prob. I actually favorited your suspension thread as soon as I got my 250 a few years ago. I didn't know what half the shit was in there until I read Total Control, and with the two I was able to adjust the suspension on my own. Is it perfect? I'm sure it's not, but it's closer to ideal. Once I get more used to the bike and press it harder, I'm sure your thread will prove even more useful.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.