Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you guys think about these swingarm/spool combo? They look nice and the length is considerably longer then other brands. That leaves me with the question about frame/swingarm protectors. Is it better to have some length or shorter for better protection?

They are made by Lightning Performance Products and are new product for Dennis Kirk. Parts 411 also has them. I could not find their website on the net. If anyone knows something about this company let me know. Also what are the thread size for swingarm spools? 6/8/10mm?

http://www.denniskirk.com/powervendor/details/detail.asp?serverid=nlStreet&PartNo=615543

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
yeah they look real race-y! needs some carbon fiber like CdnNinjaZX6R said.

Member since 8/30/02. Forget what the post count says!

·
Registered
151 Posts
They make sense. A slider and spool in one. I believe that ZX-6R's have a 10mm spool. I have some for sale but at the moment I dont have any 10mm. I need to know what the pitch is before I can have them made. If anyone knows I would appreciate someone telling me. I also would like to give away a couple of sets on this forum to promote my buisness.

www.bothendsup.com

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I bought some flanged bolts at the hardware store. I purchased the 10mm in a fine pitch.

Pitch was only listed as standard or fine if that helps.

I purchased these today, hopefully they'll work.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Nice site by the way. I like the tricycle, hehehe. So far I have found that the 99-02 zx6r are 10mm 1.25.

YES IT'S FAST...NO YOU CAN'T RIDE IT.

·
Registered
23 Posts
LoL and as far as giving accessories away.......here it comes.......why I'll be happy to promote anything you have by proudly displaying on my KAW.

YES IT'S FAST...NO YOU CAN'T RIDE IT.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I need two in stainless steel for a set of spools I have which came with 1.5 pitch screws which don't fit. Let me know and I'll gladly buy a set from you.

Originally posted by both ends up

I finally found out what the pitch is for the spools on the new 636. It's M10 x 1.25. Thanks anyway.

www.bothendsup.com

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.