Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good morning guys..i'm new to the site.i was browsing around and i couldnt find a thread on what air filter is best for an 07 zx6..if there is a thread on this i apologize for over looking it. i just wanna know what filter you guys are running on your bikes and do they really make a difference in acceleration..any help will be appreciated,thanks

·
Registered
885 Posts
If you are basically running a stock machine, run the OEM filter.

If you are running a full system, PCIII, and maybe doing some intake mods, then I am running the BMC race filter. BUt my bike is race/track only.

If I were street riding, I would not change anything.

·
Registered
3,690 Posts
I only use a K&n because I can clean it and don't have to go buy new ones all the time. Never did it for a performance gain.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i am running a stock machine right now but i have future mods in mind like power commander,akrapovic or beet nassert exhaust..pretty much anything i can bolt on for performance..i know the k&n is cool cause u can wash it out and keep using it..but i just wanted to give the bike a little more umffff..if u know what i mean...lol

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
If you are basically running a stock machine, run the OEM filter.

If you are running a full system, PCIII, and maybe doing some intake mods, then I am running the BMC race filter. BUt my bike is race/track only.

If I were street riding, I would not change anything.
:plusone: keep the stocker but remove the metal screen. This is what the Kawi racing manual calls for, the stock gets great flow too!

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
friggin sweet!!!! ill try that..good lookin out!

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
lol thats funny...the thing is im just trying to see what i can come up with as far as a setup for my bike. alot of people here in miami ride gixxers and all my boys ride cbr's..we've ran it a couple of times and their bikes are alot quicker than mine..i test drove the cbr and i just didnt like the way it felt..i picked the zx6 cause it felt great when i sat on it and i like he way i could lean the bike.i've heard of the jumper mod and im looking into some bolt ons n stuff..its just frustrating to hear all the shit talking outta my boys mouths..lmao

·
Registered
10,037 Posts
i know the 05/06 kawi race manual says to pull off metal screen & reinstall filter, apparently the stock filter flows good enough for the race team, so thats what i did :D

·
Registered
443 Posts
lol thats funny...the thing is im just trying to see what i can come up with as far as a setup for my bike. alot of people here in miami ride gixxers and all my boys ride cbr's..we've ran it a couple of times and their bikes are alot quicker than mine..i test drove the cbr and i just didnt like the way it felt..i picked the zx6 cause it felt great when i sat on it and i like he way i could lean the bike.i've heard of the jumper mod and im looking into some bolt ons n stuff..its just frustrating to hear all the shit talking outta my boys mouths..lmao
i'm sure your boys aren't running a stock bike either...

do the jumper mod and it will give you more umff in the upper rpm's and go -1 on the front sprocket (about $40) to give you more umff in the low end. then go for a ride. if you are still getting crushed then you need to get more experience riding... ride safe or :buzzsaw:

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
i'm sure your boys aren't running a stock bike either...

do the jumper mod and it will give you more umff in the upper rpm's and go -1 on the front sprocket (about $40) to give you more umff in the low end. then go for a ride. if you are still getting crushed then you need to get more experience riding... ride safe or :buzzsaw:
well one cbr is stock and one has a leo vince exhaust..they r both quicker than mine..but im gonna try removing the air filter screen,do the jumper mod and the -1 front sproket.it sounds to me like this will be enough to spank'm and the best part is that it'll run me under $60 bucks!....LMFAO!:Laughing rolling:

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
oh on the front sprocket do i go 15t or 16t...i was surfin ebay and i only found a 14t and a 16t..dont know how many teeth the stock one has?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.