Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in need of an air filter for a '02 ZX6-R. I want flow, but I don't want to re-jet. Give me your stories with whatever brand. Thanks.

·
Registered
204 Posts
I have the same bike and it has a k&n filter but also a full yosh r3 system. May or may not be jetted (I bought the bike 2nd hand) She runs great
Hope it helps
Ron

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mine has a b/o yoshi...Yeah K&N would be gr8, but I think I'd have to re-jet with one of those. Thanks.

·
Registered
228 Posts
I have the K&N filter with stock exhaust and jets. I could feel a slight performance increase right after installing it. Instalation is a breese. It's a g product and I recomend it.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm really asking if anyone has used a uni, bmc street, pro-flo...

·
Registered
312 Posts
just get another stock one. ask for the rebate when you go to the dealer, and it's like 34 bucks out the door.

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
i have a uni, with a slip on i could tell my bike needed a jet kit. any aftermarket filter and slip on combo should be rejetted.

·
Registered
181 Posts
i have a uni with a bolt on fmf exhaust...didnt really have to rejet it..it ran good without it but i decided to jet it anyways....for me personaly i like it..i fealt the icrease of breathing for the bike..i can even hear it sometimes if im tucked down...cleaning it isnt to bad..u jus use a spray that breaks down the stcky stuff u put on it and rinse it off with warn water..let it sit for a while and sprey some more sticky stuff on it ..put it back together and pop ur tank back on..id say if u take ur time it would take about 30 to 40 minutes or so...i think it works great with a after market pipe..i dont know about a stock pipe....
hope that helps bro.:D

·
Registered
181 Posts
Originally posted by ginofultano
i have a uni, with a slip on i could tell my bike needed a jet kit. any aftermarket filter and slip on combo should be rejetted.
yea it jus runs to lean when u give the bike practicly full breathing capasity..i was gona leave it..but decided to jet it..happy i did..:D

·
Registered
181 Posts
yea probubly..do u have a stock pip on still???...if so ur still geting back presure so its not breathing as well as it will if u have a yoshi or two bros or any other after market pipe.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Yeah, I have stock the pipe. The yosh isn't a full exhaust it's just the can. So will I still probably need to rejet.
this is it...

·
Registered
181 Posts
well..u dont have to...but its recomended..probubly highly recomended..u might have some dead spots through out the rev limiter..

·
Registered
181 Posts
im not to sure witch one to get...for me i have a dyno jet kit in mine and that works fine for me....but keep an eye on this thred...it shoud answere some of ur questions..im hoping it answeres some mine..cuz carbs is what i wana learn to work on so i can rejet my own bike instead of taken it to my buddy if i run into a problem.
http://www.KawiForums.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=65162

hope it helps ya budd
:D

·
Registered
7,468 Posts
i just use the stock filter. i even think the kawi AMA racers use the stock filters

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.