Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know I'm gonna sound like a total newb, the problem is all the bikes I've ever bought, they all have come with aftermarket exhaust systems or slip-ons already installed.

For the bike I own now, I changed the stock pipe this past weekend and found a cable going into the exhaust. Someone said it's there to open some kind of valve to regulate the compression depending on the throttle opening.

If this is so, and it sounds somewhat right, am I damaging the engine somehow now that I have the aftermarket slip-on?

Are there any changes I need to do to compensate the switch to the aftermarket can?

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
no, this is a R6 K6

2 cables are now hanging off the tail of the bike.

this is not my bike actually, this is my brother's bike he just bought the bike but lives in another city and I got it with me, he ordered the slip-on and I made the switch this past weekend without any problem except for these two cables.

what's that all about the FI light? so there's some changes that need to be done?

·
Registered
310 Posts
check out an r6 forum...the new kawi's have the same thing and the fi light fix would do it so there has to be something for the r6

·
Registered
757 Posts
Originally posted by bpfeiff
check out an r6 forum...the new kawi's have the same thing and the fi light fix would do it so there has to be something for the r6
[:+1]I believe, Yamaha calls their setup EXUP valve. It's a throttle noise butterfly controlled by a servo. Search around the R6 forum for that.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.