Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive just bought a standard 2003 ZX6RR 1500mls, but it does have a full AKRO system and ive got a dyno report which shows only 106bhp?? when standard is quoted at around 108bhp surely my 106bhp cant be correct i would have thought around the 120 mark was nearer.

Any ideas??

·
Registered
85 Posts
No full system is going to get you 14bhp. And if it has not been mapped for the pipe, a drop in power is quite possible.
And the 108bhp that you quote, was that at the wheel or crank. And the dyno report, surely it was at the wheel.

·
Registered
757 Posts
There's no such thing as an accurate dyno report. Same bike may show different numbers, depending on a dyno, weather, humidity, elevation, etc. Full exhaust alone might not help at all unless the engine is friends with it. Meaning, air/fuel ratio is adjusted accordingly. PC3 will help. You should be able to get at least 10 more horses with a properly tuned bike with full exhaust.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry guys yes the bike has pc3 and i believe was mapped with the akky on.As for quoting at the wheel or the crank im assuming yes at the rear wheel.

Dave

·
Registered
757 Posts
In that case whoever mapped it needs to be kicked in the ass with the stock muffler. Try re-mapping yourself. I can't believe you get no gain with full exhaust. Something's wrong here. Try a different dyno, too. But re-map first. Also I'm sure Akra is reputable enough to give them a call/email for some help.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I would try obtaining an alternate map from either akra (would they give it out?), dynojet, or forum members and see how it goes.

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
I would say that you will not see anymore than 115 with a full system. One of the local racers here used to race a 03 636 and with his dyno tuning and a full system he did not get over the 110 mark. The 03 just did not make the power the 05/06 do but they have more usable torque down low that the 05/06 gave up in order to have more power up top.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
again thanks guys i just thought not knowing any better that 106 was just a little on the low side but i guess im wrong.

dave

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.