Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Well, contrary to some people's belief that a frame slider will save their entire bike, Vortex actually saved mine back in May.

True, the slider was bent all to shit, but my bike was not so I consider that it did an excellent job.

·
Registered
123 Posts
If you really want to save the bike buy the factorypro.com's replacment billet engine cases with built in sliders...
If you want to protect your bike from a tip-over (less than 5mph) then get any frame-slider.
I like the Lockhart Phillips Carbon ones...

·
Premium Member
3,573 Posts
Shogun from Moto911.com heck even the owner of the moto911 company has a 2005 ZX6R 636. If he uses them and supplies to alot of racers...they can't be all that bad. $100 gets you frame, swingarm and bar ends with hardware and pretty good instructions, but come back here and ask us for better instructions and what to use to cut the plastic on the left

·
Registered
763 Posts
After owning a set of vortex for my 06, and going down with them (on the right side, the worse side) ..

and THEN doing a bit more research..

dont go with any other set then www.motovationusa.com

if you want to see why, look down on like page 2 of this board or so and see what happend with my Vortex ones, and just about every other brand will do almost the same thing. And the "no cut" ones will be even worse.

The right side is the worse of the 2 to go down on cause of where the frame sliders mount.

·
Registered
5,642 Posts
I bought Vortex sliders. I like the fact that you can just replace the pucks if necessary, rather than the whole assembly. That makes it a little cheaper in the long run, I guess.

·
Premium Member
10,463 Posts
i went with the ones rom yoyo-dyne as whe the bikes 1st came out i talked to several racers that had tested them on track, awith good results, if you call wrecking a good thing...so i picked thm up.
Mushroom shaped and Solid as hell, replaceble pucks as well...

Did i mention you can remove the mushrooma dn put tie downs on in their place?

·
Registered
678 Posts
shoguns are crap! vortex are even worse! you want a really great quality slider go with Delrin sliders. They're made of a plastic polymer that doesnt spark and they're extremely durable. They use the same compound on many paintball guns and i just got a set for my 03' in black and they look awesome.

·
Registered
763 Posts
Originally posted by Mr.Chow
shoguns are crap! vortex are even worse! you want a really great quality slider go with Delrin sliders. They're made of a plastic polymer that doesnt spark and they're extremely durable. They use the same compound on many paintball guns and i just got a set for my 03' in black and they look awesome.

you dont make sense... you say shogun and vortex suck.. but then say to go with derlin ones. what do you think the sliders on the shoguns and vortex are made of?

anyways, like i said before... the ONLY brand i would even recommend after comparing all the ones ive seen and read about are the Motovation ones from www.motovationusa.com

that and maybe for 03/04's the LSL's look pretty decent from the pics ive seen.

but for ANY 05/06 owner, definetly go with the Motovation ones.

·
Registered
2,265 Posts
We've already seen and heard why the Vortex are crap, how 'bout you expand on your comment on the Shogun sliders? I'm interested since they are what I have on my bike now.

·
Registered
763 Posts
Originally posted by Tristan
i prefer NONE
reason being?

they arent fairing protectors, tho in some cases they might help.... they are FRAME sliders meaning they protect your frame.

id much rather have to replace fairings then have my bike totalled cause of a cracked or damaged frame.

·
Premium Member
3,573 Posts
Quote:

We've already seen and heard why the Vortex are crap, how 'bout you expand on your comment on the Shogun sliders? I'm interested since they are what I have on my bike now.[/quote]

"SHOGUN FRAME SLIDERS Help protect your frame, engine cases and bodywork with Shogun Frame Sliders. Used by top AMA Pro’s, Las Vegas Extremes Stunt Team as well as Jason Pridmore’s, STAR motorcycle school." Hmm sho guns are crap, I would also like to know why he says this.

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
I just went with the LP carbon sliders. They're the no-cut, which I will probably get flamed for but they're better than having nothing.

1 - 20 of 65 Posts