Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I promised myself to keep my 2008 250R stock as possible but something possessed me to purchase a Well-Done HID conversion kit(f-sane.com) and the Bikelitez(bikelitez.com) fender eliminator kit on an impulse.

I'm not too worried about spending the money, now I'm just worried about the installation of both the accessories.

Concerning the HID kit, I didn't think it was all that hard until I saw this guide ( http://f-sane.com/guide/05zx6rhid.pdf ) I had no idea that I would be utilizing dremels to drill holes and such. Will the installation on the 250 a bit easier?

As for the fender eliminator kit, it says it's a no cut kit so I'm trying not to be too worried. The site doesn't really have a guide available so I'm wondering what tools I'll need at the minimum.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Maybe a 10mm socket at least for the fender. I can ask my friend about the HID conversion if you want.

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
I promised myself to keep my 2008 250R stock as possible but something possessed me to purchase a Well-Done HID conversion kit(f-sane.com) and the Bikelitez(bikelitez.com) fender eliminator kit on an impulse.

I'm not too worried about spending the money, now I'm just worried about the installation of both the accessories.

Concerning the HID kit, I didn't think it was all that hard until I saw this guide ( http://f-sane.com/guide/05zx6rhid.pdf ) I had no idea that I would be utilizing dremels to drill holes and such. Will the installation on the 250 a bit easier?

As for the fender eliminator kit, it says it's a no cut kit so I'm trying not to be too worried. The site doesn't really have a guide available so I'm wondering what tools I'll need at the minimum.
my HID install was plug and play... no cutting needed... finding somewhere to zip tie the ballasts was my biggest challenge. You should be fine.

·
Registered
586 Posts
dont worry its all basic stuff, if u can change oil or build something like any real man then ull be ok, the fender kit should just be a take apart and reassemble type thing and the hids are just attach proper wires to stuff and the only drilling should be to attach stuff. now if ur not man enough u could always have ur girl do

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm pretty much like a robot, if I see someone do it or teaches me how, I can do it repeatedly but I get quite scared tackling something on by myself. :(

·
Registered
224 Posts
I have an hid plug and play kit somewhat like that on my car and it probably took me 15 minutes max. to do both headlights, so unless you dont know the difference between positive and negative you'll be fine.

·
Registered
586 Posts
to change the bulb u dont need to remove but for what ur doing yes but its not hard just time consuming with screws and clips

·
Registered
76 Posts
i also got the fender eliminator no cut kit from bike litez... shipped the same day! should have it by the end of the week.,.. post pics when u get it [email protected] u might beat me and be the first person to spend 150 on a fender eliminator lol...

the turn signals on it look awesome tho

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
I'm just asking in advance here but where and how do you exactly mount the ballast to the bike? I'm assuming there is drilling involved...?
from my previous post...

my HID install was plug and play... no cutting needed... finding somewhere to zip tie the ballasts was my biggest challenge. You should be fine.

no drilling involved... just use a metal brace in there and zip tie the ballast to it securely, which is what I did. Don't over analyze this... it's quite self explanatory once you get in there. If you get stuck when doing it, just ask for help on the forum. :)

·
Registered
46 Posts
no drilling dude. Zip ties and a little patience is all you need. find a good spot to mount the ballasts so they wont get wet, run the wires correctly you shouldnt have any problems.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts