Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
Honestly I think I'd question the quality of those boots.

Here's a good deal on a pair of Oxtar boots... I'm talking about the third pair down from the top. I've seen these boots in a local dealer for double this price.

CLICK HERE

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i forgot to mention that these would only be used for average street riding (no stunts, no track days, etc.). This is my first bike, and i dont have too much experience, and i just wanted some protection.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I'm with DJ on this one, the quality of these boots look a little on the crappy side.
You should go to a bike shop and try some boots on, get a pair that is comfortable for YOU. If youre looking to save $$$ get the make and model of the boots and hit the net and search for an outlet that will sell them cheaper. There are heaps of online stores that have great prices. :)
Remember if you buy poor quality boots and you come off and the boots don't do their job & protect your feet it could make walking later a bit difficult.
I like the look of the boots the DJ has pointed out they look like they offer more protection.
Without actually seeing the boots myself, the boots you have looked at on ebay don't look as though they have the quality of protection of the ones DJ has looked at. But at least they are better than runners (trainers, sand shoes ? what do you guys call them?)

Remember to always wear good protective gear, you may never intent to crash but its the silly chick in her car talking on her cell putting lip stick on that will make you thank yourself for wearing good gear.

Safe riding, here's to never 'using' the protection that they offer ;). If you understand where I'm coming from!!!!

Now, of my high horse. [8D]

Enjoy

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
Not a high horse, just good advice imo.

I think foot/ankle protection is one of the most overlooked by novice riders when choosing their gear. You'd be surprised how much protection good motorcycle boots offer and how much damage the feet and ankles can take in a crash. I hate seeing guys wearing an expensive set of leathers with runners or winter type boots. And you'd also be surprised how comfortable good motorcycle boots can be.

·
Registered
107 Posts
the boots your trying to get(on e-bay) suck!!! ( don't take it personal) get them if you want it's your money, the oxtar boots are 10, no 20, no 100 times better than the ones your thinking about.....i just got a pair of Sidi Vertebra 2's ($215)03zx-6rrman has attached this file: boots.jpg and i love them, save your money and get some good boots...

·
Registered
537 Posts
Sidi Vertebra 2 are great, I have Air version (perforated leather). Great comfort, and they are very well made. Sidi makes some of the best boots out there. If you are looking for something street Sidi also makes a less aggressive version, but really safety gear is not where you should save money.
I got my boots on line, definitely do go and try some on at the store, know what you pay for.

·
Registered
185 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
First pair of boot I purchased were cheap Frank Thomas boot - they wore out fast and compaired to my Alpinestars S-MX Plus they were slippers. Good boots make me feel more comfortable and confident.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Originally posted by dj dunzie

Honestly I think I'd question the quality of those boots.

Here's a good deal on a pair of Oxtar boots... I'm talking about the third pair down from the top. I've seen these boots in a local dealer for double this price.
The second set (FirstGear™ Oxtar Matrix Gore-Tex® Boot) look real good too... might cancel my Icon Holligans for those instead of waiting for my November delivery

·
Registered
119 Posts
Hey that Kneedragger.com site....what is the shippping charge and how many days would it usually take? Shipping to Pt Roberts in Washington...?? Thanks thanks...:)

Mark

·
Registered
119 Posts
Hey that Kneedragger.com site....what is the shippping charge and how many days would it usually take? Shipping to Pt Roberts in Washington...?? Thanks thanks...:)

Mistake

·
Registered
443 Posts
mistake,
i am not really sure of the shipping charges. from what i remember, it was not that much at all. i'll give them a call and ask for you..

·
Registered
100 Posts
buddy of mine just got a pair of oxtars (spelling?) for $115 plus shiping that was the buy it now price and they are nice he just got them on monday and i'd have to say they for the price there the best thing out there they were brand new in the box by the way

·
Registered
224 Posts
the boots look low quality, also chech out alpinestars smx plus.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.