Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
when you're on the hwy and some stupid dumb fuck tries to hit you literally with his car? i was driving on the hwy on my way to work today and switched lanes. the lane was open but the idiot on the other side honks... i flick him off and he starts to come on to my lane... once i back off some he tries to break check me. If I wasn't on my way to work I would have followed his ass and layed the smack down. does this happen to any of you... if so what do you do? do you back off, follow him, jump off your bike into his car and whoop arse, or what? I'm thinking about buying some ninja stars off ebay and velcro-ing them to my jacket so when this happens again i will start shooting them at his window :violent:

·
Registered
249 Posts
I was just having a conversation like this with my dad. He's a rider too...

He suggested I keep some old spark plugs taped to my bars. Maybe they just fall off when something like that happens.

Tempting, but I don't think I'd like to give motorcyclists an even worse reputation(Or go to jail. Or have karma bite my ass when I run over that old plug later and bork a tire)

·
Premium Member
3,573 Posts

·
Registered
679 Posts
As mad as you may get, it is best to let it go. Why? He is in a car and can easily kill you. Car vs bike would not be a pretty sight. Either way, you never know who the other guy is, he could he some psycho with a gun who shoots you. I just let it go and move away. You can follow him and get off same place and let him have an earful, but like I said, you never know what the other person will do.

·
Got lime? I do
16,736 Posts
if it's that bad, just get the tag #, follow the bastard from a safe distance and call the popo.

i'd rather just beat his ass when he stopped, but hell man, peeps are crazy these days.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
damn Riding4life i feel for you. I felt the same. This idiot was literally trying to hit me too. had i not let off the throttle i would have been hit. i did get his license plate number.. do you recommend i report it or let it slide? I heard this story from my father-in-law about one of his patients. it was an older harley guy who was getting his ass tailed buy some punks. he tried to get out of their way but they kept tailing him. he had a gun in his left saddle bag and gestered at it to scare the car. all that did was piss them off and they bumped him off the road. the harley rider grabbed his gun and shot at the suv breaking the rear window. nothing happened after that. it seems that this happens to many riders. i'm definitly thinking about getting licensed for a gun...

·
The Indifference Engine
6,150 Posts
Report it, and remember you've got WAY more power and better brakes then he does. Just get the fuck away and try to forget about it if at all possible.

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
Your mistake was in flipping him off. On a bike you have to be a bit more accepting of idiots on the road. So what if the guy honks at you? Maybe he thought you didn't see him while you were changing lanes and was trying to warn you of his presence. If you hadn't "flicked him off" it would've ended there and you wouldn't have ended up fearing for your life. There are many studies that cite how isolated and invincible car drivers feel when in their vehicles. You don't have the same luxury on a bike and you can't do things to other motorists you can while protected in your car. There are far too many head cases on the road these days to risk setting one of them off with an impolite gesture. People have been killed for less. Next time shrug it off (as much as you'd like to respond in kind) and it won't become a potentialy life-threatening situation.

·
Registered
2,217 Posts
Sadly this is the evolution of road rage. Gotta keep a watch out now, more and more drivers won't tolerate getting passed or in what they think is a near accident. The best thing to do is keep a cool head, evade the vehicle, get the plate number, and a witness if possible. Getting a hot head and chasing down the driver with the hopes of beating him up never ends up good for the motorcycle rider. Carrying a gun for this type of situation I wouldn't recommend either. The cops won't care much for you brandishing a weapon in public just because your pissed off.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Sadly this is the evolution of road rage. Gotta keep a watch out now, more and more drivers won't tolerate getting passed or in what they think is a near accident. The best thing to do is keep a cool head, evade the vehicle, get the plate number, and a witness if possible. Getting a hot head and chasing down the driver with the hopes of beating him up never ends up good for the motorcycle rider. Carrying a gun for this type of situation I wouldn't recommend either. The cops won't care much for you brandishing a weapon in public just because your pissed off.
:plusone:

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Your mistake was in flipping him off. On a bike you have to be a bit more accepting of idiots on the road. So what if the guy honks at you? Maybe he thought you didn't see him while you were changing lanes and was trying to warn you of his presence. If you hadn't "flicked him off" it would've ended there and you wouldn't have ended up fearing for your life. There are many studies that cite how isolated and invincible car drivers feel when in their vehicles. You don't have the same luxury on a bike and you can't do things to other motorists you can while protected in your car. There are far too many head cases on the road these days to risk setting one of them off with an impolite gesture. People have been killed for less. Next time shrug it off (as much as you'd like to respond in kind) and it won't become a potentialy life-threatening situation.
Yeah, I guess you're right. It just pisses me off sometimes...

·
Registered
421 Posts
I was just having a conversation like this with my dad. He's a rider too...

He suggested I keep some old spark plugs taped to my bars. Maybe they just fall off when something like that happens.

Tempting, but I don't think I'd like to give motorcyclists an even worse reputation(Or go to jail. Or have karma bite my ass when I run over that old plug later and bork a tire)
I'd keep some spark plugs or some big ball bearings handy...

·
My Brute is weak
41,597 Posts
when you're on the hwy and some stupid dumb fuck tries to hit you literally with his car? i was driving on the hwy on my way to work today and switched lanes. the lane was open but the idiot on the other side honks... i flick him off and he starts to come on to my lane... once i back off some he tries to break check me. If I wasn't on my way to work I would have followed his ass and layed the smack down. does this happen to any of you... if so what do you do? do you back off, follow him, jump off your bike into his car and whoop arse, or what? I'm thinking about buying some ninja stars off ebay and velcro-ing them to my jacket so when this happens again i will start shooting them at his window :violent:
Like others said.

Agitating the situation between you on a bike and someone else in a car probably wasn't the best idea regardless who was at fault...

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
i know people who just keep a handful of bolts and nut by their side - This guy was telling me a story (ironically hes a cop) of how he got in front of the vehicle and threw them straight up and cracked the windshield and sped off.

·
Registered
39 Posts
In your situation I don't think trying to get back at the guy would be warranted b/c you did flip the bird. On the other hand if it was some random jackass that just has it in for you introduce him to Mr Spring Loaded Window Punch. The one button window killer for all types of situations:D

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
I’m the kind of person who would rather just let john q jackass in his suv plow through traffic on his merry way as I call the cops. my father in-law however... he's a bit hardcore. He carries large metal ball bearings in his vest pocket and literally throws them as hard as he can at people's windows (and yes he drives a Harley. Stereotype fulfilled). You wouldn't believe how fast people want to get away from you when their window shatters out and they think someone is shooting at them.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.