Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious what everyone does with their helmets when they ride to the store/gym/brothel or whatever. Do you leave it on the bike, and if so, what do you use to secure it?

I've seen netting and similar stuff that riders have used to tie down their helmets when leaving the bike unattended. Doesn't seem like a very secure option. I'd worry about a more expensive helmet getting stolen. What options are out there for a little Ninja?

·
Registered
734 Posts
I always take my helmet with me. Even if it doesn't get stolen, you'd never know if someone hit it with something and lowered its integrity.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I take it with me and place it in the shopping cart. I was told a helmet that's been dropped is no good. Even if it doesn't get stolen somebody might knock it over and place it back without you knowning. If it's a cheaper helmet used by cruisers maybe then I'll leave it tied to the bike cause those definitely aren't worth stealing.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I take mine off and carry it in with me ... no way am I going to leave it on my bike, I've had friends who have had them stolen twice!
I get some wierd looks carrying it around in the local Wal-mart or CVS, but that's OK with me. At least I'm not wearing it in the store!

·
Registered
89 Posts
I take mine off and carry it in with me ... no way am I going to leave it on my bike, I've had friends who have had them stolen twice!
I get some wierd looks carrying it around in the local Wal-mart or CVS, but that's OK with me. At least I'm not wearing it in the store!
What if some soccer mom carrying a cart full of paper towels turns into you without checking? I'd defintely leave my helmet on in Walmart. I pity those who shop around unprotected.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
+1 to wearing it into the store. Especially a restaurant. Just don't forget to raise the faceshield before you eat.

I've wanted to take my bike when I go running in the park, but it dawned on me the other day that I'd have nowhere to stash my helmet. Life is rough.

·
Registered
33 Posts
take it

I take it with me, dont care much about the looks. I figure their just pissed cuz i'd leave them looking stupid 1/2 mile behind me when the light turns green hahaha
seeeeeeeeeeeyaaaaaaaa!!!

·
Registered
143 Posts
I use the helmet lock on my bike if im at the mall or whatever. at work i just hang my lid over the mirror or the pass. pegs

·
Registered
421 Posts
Just curious what everyone does with their helmets when they ride to the store/gym/brothel or whatever. Do you leave it on the bike, and if so, what do you use to secure it?

I've seen netting and similar stuff that riders have used to tie down their helmets when leaving the bike unattended. Doesn't seem like a very secure option. I'd worry about a more expensive helmet getting stolen. What options are out there for a little Ninja?
I wear my helmet everywhere, in the store, in the gym, and ESPECIALLY in the brothel. Definately makes all my shopping experiences much more enjoyable. Lol, reminds me of this guy:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LsAiviRKOI8

·
Banned
5,572 Posts
I carry it everywhere.

EXCEPT...when I go to the gym. Most of the guys are cool there and I usually park where no one walks. I dont want to carry it around there with a bunch of guys. I just strap it to the back seat.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I carry it in everywhere. My helmet was 1/4 of the price of my bike. If for some reason I can't carry it with me, then it goes on teh helmet lock that came with the bike.

·
Registered
183 Posts
I always put my Bell Star in it's sheepskin cover & carry it around stores & such :)

·
Registered
24 Posts
After I put on a Cardo Scala Rider FM bluetooth headset, I carry it with me, most places I go offer a safe deposit area and I leave it there, or worst case carry it with me. Sometimes when I do a lot of dicking about in an area, I uninstall the headset and put that in my pocket while locking the helmet to the bike. It's a 2 minute jobby so it's ok...

1 - 20 of 35 Posts