Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got jacket, gloves, and helmet (of course). I'm thinkin bout getting some pants and boots. Tho, im not sure if I would use them as much as the jacket/gloves. For long rides, without a doubt id wear them but just not sure if its a convience around town. What do you guys have for gear?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Just realized should have put this post under Riding Gear. Oh well. My apologies. I'm a newbie....heheheh.

Shtanks

·
Premium Member
8,191 Posts
we've done this discussion a lot :)
I usually wear the full suit when I know I'll be riding for fun.
When I goto my job at the restaurant I only wear a helmet, because we fry onions/meat, etc.. and everything reeks of it after even a day or two there.
My other job I wear the jacket/gloves and helmet too usually, though when its really hot I lose the jacket, I cant come into work all sweaty.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I have both a HJC full leather jacket and a new Joe Rocket Phoenix(for the 90+ days), also always wear some JR full leather gloves and usually wear a pair of Gaericke wind/waterproof leather riding boots with toe sliders, and a Fulmer helmet desperately in need of a new visor. Don't skimp on the protection, you never know when you will need it.

·
Registered
7,145 Posts
OK, I got too much gear to list.

I prefer Joe Rocket jackets and Aria helmets. My favorits gloves are the new Icon Timax in black. And I like the textile gear over the leather. I don't have any bike boots, but I wear hi-tops to ride, never lo-tops.

I got one pair of riding pants and they are Joe Rocket textile and they have an attachment zipper to make a 2 peice suit.

I'd like to get some boots down the road, and maybe a peice suit for the track.

I am not as crazy about Joe Rockets gloves and I prefer Alpinestar gloves.

-Flash

·
Registered
471 Posts
I wear all Teknic, its been down 2x & shows no tears or rips. All I can say is that they are relatively cheap in price & held up well to the unfortunate abuse I've put them threw.
newenough.com
has the best prices on them...no reason not to buy a suit now.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I have tecnic carbon boots and gloves and a black helmet just last night i was at my local KAw dealership and found a green ninja textile jacket for 219.99 it was a little dirty so they knocked it down to 175 out the door..... i also think it is the 01 style...... jsut nd to find matching pants

·
Registered
61 Posts
CORSA Black jacket http://www.corsa.com (check them out if you order tell them ACORN SENT YA)
Shoei RF800 Helmet
baseball battin' gloves (I know, I know not good but my $100 gloves got eaten up by a dog...seriously!)
Jeans (gonna get dirt bike shin and knee protective plates to put under them cuz we get low like that)
Sidi Vertbrae Race boots (I need another pair...stock rear sets are still not hi enuff!)

oh and most important....SPONGE BOB SQUARE PANTS AIR FRESHENER to make the bike smell good!

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
2 sets of gear depending on weather and the type of ridign I do..

I have a 2 peice tectile suits for colder weather and harder riding

and I have a Teknic Supervent JAcket and pair of Draggin pants for hotter riding..

I always wear my HJC AC-10 Helmet, leather engineer boots and Olympia leather gloves.

sometimes I go squid when riding to work (business dress and chaning cloths isn't a fun option) and just wear my jacket, gloves and helmet and dress clothes...

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
jeans, kbc wolf helmet, joe rocket gloves, polo boots<---[8D]

i need a jacket...i keep putting it off

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Andy, how do you like that Supervent? I could use somethifn for really hot days puttering into work.

I have a 2 piece Dainese suit, also a 2 piece JR textile suit for cruising/rain. Various pairs of gloves, and Sidi boots. Wife has Alpinestars textile gear.

·
Registered
138 Posts
arai rx7-rr4 helmet, JR speedmaster glvs, Alpinestar P1 jckt, Teknic Chicane perforated(for hot weather)
Hein Gericke Leather Pants, a pair of each of the Icon Jeans. That's about it.

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
Getting my new Spyke leathers today, to replace some well-worn JR stuff. Arai Quantum (Okada) helmet, the Spyke leathers (Dodger jacket / Raptor pants) and Joe Rocket boots with Rhyno gloves. I have a backup of Joe Rocket Ballistic textile suit and Teknic gloves and a well-worn Highside JR 2-piece. I won't ride in anything less than jeans and the Ballistic jacket even on hot days, and I usually go full leathers for any kind of half-serious riding or better. Seen too many people go down, and in my line of work have seen lots of shorts and wife-beater shirts end up in messes on the pavement.

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
"Andy, how do you like that Supervent? I could use somethifn for really hot days puttering into work"

I love it, my favorite jacket so far....I crash tested it on a low speed lowside and it did remarkably well.

I won't hestitate getting another one when this one falls apart...just beaware that it will be good for about 1 crash. My lowside shredded it pretty good, but I was left completely unhurt. I think most of these nyon vented super jackets are the same way though.

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
After owning and crashing just about every piece of leather I've owned I have settled on the following as crash-worthy and durable:

Spyke leathers - three offs and still holding up great!

Arai helmet - need I say more?

Spyke glove - two offs and they're still fully intact. I was a little skeptical initially because they were so thin but they've held up exceptionally well.

Sidi boots - four offs and still safe. Granted half the worn parts can and do get replaced, the leather is still in good condition.

Bohn makes a really nice back protector too, you can spray water on it to keep you cool when the lap times get really hot! ;)

Kawasaki Catalog gloves - I don't know what it is about inexpensive gloves but man these things rock! Double/triple-stitched throughout and they hold up when you come off. For less than $100 I won't complain!

What I DON'T recommend:

Alpinestars boots and gloves - one off for any of these and consider them useless. Can't say anything about the suits but if their other stuff is anything to go by......

Joe Rocket - this stuff doesn't hold up at all in a crash, hell it doesn't even hold up if you DON'T crash wearing it! Say NO to their jackets, gloves and suits - don't know about their boots though.

Icon gear - what the fuck is this shit about??!!! I guess any stunt cunt would buy this stuff. It's junk, it's crap, it's like a condom made from seran wrap, it makes no sense - I just don't get it.

Anything Textile - as much as I like the stuff for comfort and cooling, they're about as useless as a screen door on a submarine when it comes to durability. Stick with leather.

DISCLAIMER: All the above statements are true PERIOD! If you disagree with any of the latter you are WRONG haha! This is simply my opinion, if you don't like it, well hey, it's your life and your skin-graft. It's those of you out there that cruise around in shorts and a tshirt that we in the medical profession call Job Security.

·
Registered
138 Posts
I agree with strong with everything except the Big leather Icon Gloves look like thay would hold up if I dragged them on the pavement everywhere I went LOL. I think they may be my next pair.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Originally posted by rdandy5875

I agree with strong with everything except the Big leather Icon Gloves look like thay would hold up if I dragged them on the pavement everywhere I went LOL. I think they may be my next pair.
Ditto....you Rdandy what part of Buffalo you from? I was raised in Tonawanda do u ride when it get's real cold? LOL

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.