Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was at the mall Saturday and seen a guy setup in the middle with a laser cutter making vinyl decals. I saw a lot of race logos. I asked him if he could do a KAWASAKI. I want to put it on my lower fairing on the right side. I measured it and it would be 15" X 13". I was thinking about blue to match my bike color. He said it would take him 5 minutes and cost me $15.00. What do you guys think? Will the vinyl hold up? Is it a good idea? Thanks.

·
Registered
343 Posts
it might but I doubt it. All the decals usually have a metalic consistancy to prevent shrinkage and vinyl will shrink

·
Registered
192 Posts
It will be fine....i rode vinyl on my bike for 3,000 milles plus until i got sick of it and peeled it off. Just dont go sticker crazy! Keep it clean.

·
Registered
335 Posts
I have custom decals on my bike but I had to put some glue on the sharp edges. I guess 100+ mph makes them wanna peel off

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OK, thanks. I'm going to the mall after work and getting them. That's the only sticker i'm putting on. Don't want to go crazy on stickers. I'll post pics tonight.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
I had vinyl on my old bike, made at a local sign shop, and it stayed on fine...hell what do you think the factory stickers that came on that bike were made of lol

·
Registered
703 Posts
the black sticker on the tank and the white kawasaki on the lower were done by a "sticker guy". this guy uses 7 year material. picked the letter style and size and he cut them in like 10 minutes....

·
Registered
4,279 Posts
i like the one that sais kawi. but i think the others are 2 much. but i like it. my 2c

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well...Here it is. What do you guys think? A keeper or a peeler?

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Originally posted by nicedream
might look a little better if it was the right font. i say off with it.
The guy used the standard kawasaki logo. What font are you talking about?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Originally posted by rainking1978

The guy used the standard kawasaki logo. What font are you talking about?

your's look like it's condensed. in the actual logo, the letters are a little wider. sorry, i notice these things, i'm a graphic designer.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.